Record your live show
From Livestream » User Guide
Return to Main Page
Record your Live Shows with Procaster
Once you've configured your Audio and Video Settings, there a few additional options to chose from within the "Livestream" tab within the Procaster Preferences.
- Live: This option will allow you to begin broadcasting automatically without the need to enter the Livestream Studio and cue the source.
- On-Demand: Choose to have your recording added to the On-Demand section automatically.
- Auto-pilot: Add the recording to Auto-pilot without any additional management.
- Channel Page: Automatically switch your channel page's layout based on the resolution of your broadcast.
When these settings are configured, save your preferences and click the "Go Live" button. Your broadcasts will be recorded automatically.
Replay your Recordings from Procaster
All recorded broadcasts via Procaster will be made almost immediately available within the Livestream Studio. Please refer to the following section to learn how to manage these recordings.
Record your Live Shows with Webcaster
- After managing your Webcaster Settings, you'll be ready to broadcast and record your video source.
- To record a live broadcast, ensure the "Record" button is set to "On." This setting can be found directly below the video window.
- That's it! Click the "Go Live" button to begin broadcasting and recording. You should see the timer begin.
- Click "Stop" to stop the broadcast and recording.
- To cease the broadcast altogether, restart the Autopilot.
Replay your Recordings from Webcaster
- Once your live broadcasts have been recorded, you'll instantly be directed to the "Record" tab within Webcaster.
- All recorded broadcasts via Webcaster will be made almost immediately available within the Livestream Studio. Please refer to the following section to learn how to manage these recordings.
Record your Live Shows within the Livestream Studio
- Go to the Broadcast Live tab.
- Choose the camera or the video clip you want to play live.
- Press the cue button.
- Click the record button (you will see it begin to flash but are not yet recording)
- Click on the transition to cued clip button.
When you do this it will say "Recording" and a timer will begin to count down from 05:00:00 (the maximum recording time) and up from 00:00:00 indicating the duration of the recording.
Please Note: If the timer is not progressing, you are not recording!
- To stop recording your show, click the record button again.
Click on play below to watch the help video
Replay your Recordings within the Livestream Studio
Once you finish recording your show, the file will be available in the Recordings folder after importing, It will be labeled by the date and time it was recorded.
- These recordings can be Broadcast Live, added to your Autopilot playlist and Video On-Demand Section, or Embedded.
Download your Recordings from the Studio
After recordings have been imported you can download clips from Livestream Studio. To do so:
1. Login to the Livestream Studio.
2. Click on the Manage Library Tab.
3. Click on the storyboard that contains the desired file.
4. To the right, you'll see your clip. Click the "Download" link to download the file in .FLV or .MP4 format.
Return to Main Page