Livestream Procaster for Mac Version 20-2
From Livestream » User Guide
The Livestream development team is proud to bring you Livestream Procaster for Mac version 20.2. We have been working over the last 6 months on making Livestream Procaster the most easy-to-use, high quality live streaming encoder in the world. We trust that you will enjoy this update. LEOPARD (10.5) IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED, MINIMUM REQUIRED VERSION IS NOW SNOW LEOPARD (10.6).
We will be releasing v20.3 in September 2011, if you experience a bug or would like to request a new certified device or feature, please post a message on the Procaster v20.3 wishlist at http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7765
Procaster version 20.2 is now available for download!
New Features in version 20.2
- -Major video and audio quality improvements with improved bit rate usage control
- -Perfect Audio/Video Synchronization live and on-demand. Previous versions had various issues with lipsync during long encoding sessions
- -Reduced CPU usage when streaming
- -Stream at higher bitrate over the same Internet connection: Improved the connection usage, so that you can utilize utilize your connection more efficiently.
- -New easy to understand status message in the control bar with suggested solutions :
- -“Perfect Streaming” means that your stream is being sent to the Livestream server perfectly. No lag and no connection or CPU issues.
- -“CPU above 80% try closing other apps or stop lower quality” means that your CPU usage is above 80% and that you should close some other applications. When your CPU reaches 100%, Procaster may stop broadcasting.
- -“Internet too slow for quality avoid shared connections or stop and lower quality” means that Procaster is not getting the full bandwidth it needs to stream and you should lower the quality of streaming in the main window.
- -“Lost internet connection. Attempting to reconnect. Local MP4 still recording.” Means that your internet connection fully dropped and that Procaster is trying to reconnect. The local recording will always keep recording.
- -The CPU usage is also now shown in the control bar now.
- -New behaviours to better handle connection bandwidth fluctuation and drops :
- -Anti lag feature - When enabled (default), it will keep the delay between you and your viewer, up to a maximum of 10 seconds. The local MP4 file recording will always have all the frames, even if anti-lag kicks in
- -Continue to encode and record locally even when the internet connection is dropped - When your internet connection suddenly drops, Procaster will continue recording and will go live again once you have regained connectivity. This can also be used to switch from one internet connection to another when experiencing an issue.
- -HD Multi-bitrate Support on browser and mobile devices:
- -You can now select qualities to stream at two, three or four bitrates at the same time (If you have enough resources - CPU/Memory/Bandwidth etc…).
- -The new Livestream Player now offers the ability for the user to select any of the streams you are publishing from Livestream Procaster.
- -When viewing your live stream on iPad and iPhone devices, the bitrate is automaticallyt selected (adaptive) based on the viewers connection and the number of qualities you are encoding from Procaster.
- -Note: This only currently works with live streams, the recorded stream will be the main default stream (typically a 450-600Kbps stream)
- -Recording of all qualities to your “Movies” folder by default
- -The ability to select a different folder to save local recordings.
- -“Preview Only” channel option. This mode will only allow you to test your stream for 5 minutes
- -Improved detection on the removal and adding of audio devices
- -Perfect audio synchronization and the recorded files can be edited in Adobe Premiere and in Final Cut Pro.
- -Color Corrector Feature : Improve colors and brightness within Procaster by enabling the color corrector feature
- -Long recordings can be played back in Windows Media Player
- -Various Graphical User Interface fixes, such as:
- -Language fixes
- -Support for multiple monitors
- -Audio mixer can now be controlled with the arrow keys when you click a volume slider
Improved Support for Certified Devices (capture cards and devices) :
- DeckLink SDI (SDI, HD-SDI)
- DeckLink Duo (SDI, HD-SDI)
- DeckLink Optical Fiber (SDI, HD-SDI)
- DeckLink Studio (SD, HD-SDI, Component, Composite, S-video, HDMI)
- DeckLink HD Extreme 3D (SD, HD-SDI, Component, Composite, S-video, HDMI)
- Intensity Pro (Component, Composite, S-video, HDMI)
- Osprey 500 series (SDI, Component, S-video)