Livestream Free Channel Verification
From Livestream » User Guide
Return to Main Page
What is Livestream Free Channel Verification?
Verification is a simple process that screens your channel content for compliance with Livestream Terms & Conditions and ensures you have entered sufficient data about your channel in the Configuration Tab and / or Page.
Verification is designed to give all of our best producers maximum exposure, and to ensure consistent quality and compliance, throughout the Livestream Network.
Why Should I Verify My Livestream Free Channel?
When you create a new Livestream Free channel, it is “unverified” by default, which means that you can stream to a maximum of 50 concurrent viewers at a time, and that your channel will not listed within the Livestream Channel Guide or Homepage.
Verified Livestream Free Channels get:
- Unlimited Concurrent Viewers: Support any number of concurrent viewers for any broadcast at any time.
- Livestream.com Listing: Viewers can find your channel by searching or browsing in the Channel Guide or Grid at www.livestream.com
- Promotion Eligibility: The best content from Verified Livestream Channels are featured for great exposure at no cost, including spotlights and higher search rankings on www.Livestream.com, promotion across the Livestream Network, newsletter features, blog posts, and more.
Why Does Livestream Verify Channels?
- Livestream does not tolerate copyright infringement by Producers. Applying the viewer limit and adding the Verification process helps us and copyright owners to better control any potential infringement.
- It helps our viewers discover great content. With thousands of channels to choose from, we can better match channels with viewers through the Verification process.
- As we continue to grow our overall concurrent viewer capacity for the Livestream Network, we want to ensure that it is reserved for Premium and Verified Free channels.
- It gives producers time to refine their channels and content. It takes effort to build a channel, fill it with great video, and make it beautiful. By adding a step between launch and broad distribution publication, we give producers the time they need to “get it right.”
- Since Livestream Free channels are ad-supported, we want to make sure that the experience is as good as it possibly can be for everyone. By reviewing content we can better match ads that fit both channel and viewer needs.
How Do I Verify My Livestream Free Channel?
- Next, log into the Livestream Account Center and select the Channels tab. Here, you will see the Verification status of each of your Livestream Free channels. To Verify a channel, click on the link and fill out the Livestream Free Channel Verification Application.
- To complete the application, you will need the following information. The application will be pre-populated with any information you have already entered in the Livestream Studio. Required fields have a star (*):
Channel Details & Metadata:
- Channel Full Name*
- Time Zone*
- Embedded Player URL
- Twitter Account
Channel Images (JPG, GIF or PNG format)
- Channel Logo (250 x 250 pixel)*
- Banner (960 x 80 pixel)
- Background Image (up to 500kb)
- Target Gender
- Target Age Range
- Primary Geographic Market*
- Estimated Viewers*
- Live Event Broadcast Hours / Month
- Uploaded Content Hours / Month
- Primary Broadcast Use (Live, Linear, On-Demand)*
- Long-Term Vision for Your Channel
- Upcoming Events
Do Livestream Premium Channels Need to be Verified?
No. Livestream Premium channels already support unlimited concurrent viewers and give every producer direct control over whether or not their channel is published in the channel guide at www.livestream.com.
Return to Main Page