Old 1st May 2009, 13:59

Default Mogulus with StarCraft

I gotta a strange problem:
I record the screen with Camtasia, but the played stream in Mogulus is very dark and you can only see the shadows of the units. Whats the matter with this Game? I can stream Games like Call of Duty correctly. Is there anything I have to change?

EDIT: Solved the problem, it's sth with Camtasia, you have to start the Recording again, after you have started the game.

Last edited by LetsRockMagnum; 2nd May 2009 at 05:26.
Old 8th May 2009, 15:17

I tried to use Procaster with Starcraft and if I do fullscreen mode it has the same issue, and if I try the game mode it just gives me the error to please start the video by pressing ctrl + F1 (which i set it to) when I actually press it and try to start the recording.

Listen, a lot of starcraft users stream their stuff through Mogulus so I really hope you guys will listen to this and try to get your stuff straightened out.
Old 18th May 2009, 03:39

Hi, i have the same problem with procaster ... The played stream is very dark.
And when i try to record after having my game up, i have an error : " Please sart the video by pressing ctrl+F1".

Most i use screen recording, or game recording ... what about dark color HELP !
Old 25th May 2009, 22:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantbearyou View Post
Hi, i have the same problem with procaster ... The played stream is very dark.
And when i try to record after having my game up, i have an error : " Please sart the video by pressing ctrl+F1".

Most i use screen recording, or game recording ... what about dark color HELP !
I have the same problem, it would be very nice if you could help us. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem.

When I go live with game, i have an error when i press Ctrl+F1. And when I go live with screen, the livestream is perfect when im on the deskop, but it become very ugly on starcraft.

Thank you
Old 27th May 2009, 20:51

Default hey guys !

i got the same probleme as you
if anyone could help us ...
Old 28th May 2009, 18:08

I have got the same problem.

When I use Procaster, everything on Desktop works just fine. I can stream Videos out of Windows Movie Player, I can play games (StarCraft, WarCraft 3) in _windowed mode_ and all is streamed as intended. But when I start StarCraft (or any other game) to broadcast (Note: I am using the "Screen" Mode), the viewer won't see anything but black with some white dots and a flying orange stripe (the mouse marker). Latter is due to the incompatibility of StarCraft as it is a 640x480 application and my Desktop resolution is 12xx, so most part of the screen is not used. If it would work, one could resize the area, Procaster should stream, so everything would be fine. When I start World of Warcraft, Procaster streams nothing but black with the ingame mouse cursor (it is the hand texture).
When I change to mode "Game", Procaster won't even start broadcasting StarCraft (as the Ctrl-F1 command does not work).

I am using Windows Vista 64Bit with a GeForce 250 GTS. I even updated the driver, but it didn't help.
It would be very nice, if someone has a solution to this problem.

I guess, the problem is that Procaster stupidly records the Desktop screen, which is not rendered during fullscreen of a DirectX application.
Old 3rd June 2009, 15:27
Administrator

I assume you're referring to the original version of Starcraft, released in 1998? This is much pre-directx 9/10. We support many games with dx8 unofficially it makes sense this may not work -- we will look into options for this, thanks for your patience.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 5th July 2009, 11:27

Default Problems broadcasting StarCraft: Brood war

I was wondering if you could advise me regarding how I can stream a game like Star Craft: Brood War. "Procaster" doesn't seem to detect it in "Game" mode, and when I try to broadcast in "Screen" mode everything turns black for the audience. I don't have problems broadcasting any other games.

I will gladly welcome any ideas.

Regards
Old 6th July 2009, 13:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
I assume you're referring to the original version of Starcraft, released in 1998? This is much pre-directx 9/10. We support many games with dx8 unofficially it makes sense this may not work -- we will look into options for this, thanks for your patience.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Yes, it's the game, which is dating since back in 1998. Though there have been a lot of upgrades accompanying the game, no changes in the directx have been introduced. The upcoming StarCraft 2 will have directx 9/10, but not this one. I think the entire StarCraft society will be very happy if you can try to support this game, so that it can be used with the "Procaster".

Kind Regards
Old 26th July 2009, 08:23

Default this is pretty crap advice

Ben,the problem isnt with the game, its with procaster.
Let me tell you why.
Let's say starcraft is outdated and has like directx 8 or something and thats why it doesnt work. Fair enough.
Why does Warcraft 3 the frozen throne dont work either? Its directx 9.1 type of game and still,it doesnt work.
Isnt it obvious that procaster is not even a beta when it comes to game broadcasting?

Starcraft,warcraft 3 are still in top 5 most played games and you guys dont support them and support low quality games that not even a blind man would play?

I dont want to leave the impression that im flaming you. Im just trying to open you guys's eyes on this.
The thing is i really need a game broadcasting program and procaster seems to be the only one out there. If it wasnt,i wouldnt have bothered to post on this forum.