Old 7th September 2012, 00:56

Unhappy Audio Slowed After Quality Change

Hello,

I have a very odd problem here. I'll try as best I can to explain what's going on. Specifically, it's this video, from a stream I just recorded tonight:

http://www.livestream.com/theinkingr...edium=ui-thumb

About 20 minutes in, without turning off the feed, I up the quality from Medium to High so that people can actually see what I'm drawing. Usually this doesn't change the stream at all, and no one reported any oddities, so I kept going. After the stream was done, I downloaded the file from the Studio to upload to Youtube... and the audio is slowed down and completely garbled after the 20 minute mark.

It's like the audio got slowed down to a ridiculous level the moment I clicked that button. However, this ONLY applies to the downloaded copy of the FLV file; watching the video streaming here on Livestream (or embedded from here) doesn't have the problem. It is only the downloaded copy that has it happen.

You can see what I'm talking about here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5F7Zw5HaqQ Jump to the 20:50 mark to see when it happens.

I've tried re-downloading the file, but it doesn't seem to fix it. I think it was an issue where when I set the video to high-quality, I kept the audio at medium-quality, and this created a conflict where now the audio is slowing down... but it's only on the downloaded copy. Again, when you're watching it streaming straight from the Livestream source, it doesn't happen.

How can I fix this? I really want to get this video posted to Youtube since the tutorial is something I definitely want to save. Is there any way I can repair the video, or redownload it at a forced quality for the entire file?

Edit: I also just thought I'd add some more background info on this. I've changed the video quality in feeds before, and usually all that happens is my computer will randomly glitch up and change the input (I have a built-in webcam in addition to the one I use to stream, so sometimes it'll just swap the two when I change the quality level). This never affects the audio, though; every time I've done it in the past, the recording turns out just fine without any hiccups. This is the first time I've encountered this, and of course it just HAD to happen on a tutorial that I want to keep alive...

Last edited by jonponikvar; 7th September 2012 at 01:03.
Old 10th September 2012, 16:17
Livestream Producer Support

jonponikvar,

Which encoding software are you using? Did you change the frame rate during the broadcast at all? I see that the file is encoded using the nellymoser audio codec, which has been troublesome for some of our users in the past. If possible, I would recommend encoding audio as .mp3 or .mp4.

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll be able to salvage the audio from this particular clip.