Old 21st August 2012, 15:01

Angry CPU at 80-100%

Ever since I had a problem with my computer a while back and was without it, as well as having had to download the newest procaster at that time, Procaster has been constantly running at absurd amounts of CPU.

I am a little more than ticked and upset as to why it would use this much CPU. It always, and I really do mean always, used to run perfectly at 10-30% CPU usage whilst Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI, Firefox with at least 4 tabs open, and Chrome with two tabs open were running. Now, if I even just run Procaster without Firefox or Paint Tool SAI open it will run at 90% CPU usage. What is this?

I have done searching around, and many people have this problem. I want to know why, as well, is that when they ask for help, the livestream staff do almost nothing in terms of help, as far as I have seen. They link to the pref. system requirements, or a link to the newest version, but never offer any solid help. I've checked the requirements, I downloaded the newest version, but to no avail. I want to know why is it that the minimum requirements are through the roof? Your recommended requirements require someone to have a computer that is over $1,500 if they can be so lucky as to find one that cheap. My computer is a few years old, and it was a beast of a PC back when I got it. Yes, I know I need to update a card or two to be able to play on high graphics on graphic-intensive games, but to record me drawing and making art with only one tab of Firefox open, and get a good quality stream out of it? That is outrageous.

I want an answer, not just a beaten-around-the-bush link. I want to see this program be able to run at optimal standards for all users, not just for people who have money to throw around and have outstanding computers.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:39
Livestream Procaster Support

ArtMaiga,

Do you know which version you had before?
I know you don't want to hear this from your message, but what is your CPU, (specific model), over time the CPU requirements increased to allow for better encoding quality.
Do you use a drawing tablet? There are certain tablets out there that in combination with Procaster have issues. And what type?

You can try reducing the FPS of the broadcast in the preferences.

Ronald.
Old 22nd August 2012, 14:26

Thank you, Ronald. I am not sure which version it was before, but I do believe it was before 2.0 had been released. I do in fact also use a drawing tablet, a Wacom Bamboo. I used it before with said previous version, but it did not effect the CPU usage.

My Processor is an Intel Core2 Duo CPU @ 2.20 GHz

I have tried lowering the FPS, and it runs the exact same whether I am using the custom FPS I used to keep it at or at the lowest possible that Procaster can use.

Also, might I apologize for the tone of my previous message as well as my ticket, I was working on a fairly tight time schedule yesterday and the frustration was, to say in the least, taking control. Once more, my apologies, and thank you again for the help.
Old 22nd August 2012, 15:16
Livestream Procaster Support

Hey,

No problem at all, can we just confirm if it's related to the tablet or not, unplug the tablet, and see if the CPU also spikes as well and get back with me on that.

You can get version 10.0.125 from here: http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...r-10.0.124.exe

Best regards,

Ronald
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:52

I have tried doing as you said with the tablet, and it had non effect on the Procaster's CPU usage. I am about to install the version of Procaster you linked and will get back with how it works.
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:07

So I have downloaded, installed, and tested the older version of procaster. Albeit different in some aspects that I will have to change around some, it works perfectly.

Thank you very much,
Artemis Maiga

Tags
100% procaster cpu, absurdity, availability, procaster, staff needs to fix this