Old 7th May 2009, 23:22

Sad thing is, if you Import and it fails to Download or Fails to Encode, or whatever other error, it still counts as 1 so if you have 40 and you try 3 times and 4th time it works, you only have 36 more trys, really sucks when you try to get clips from youtube in parts, kinda wish the limit was 50.

The way it SHOULD work is that you get -1 for an Import, but +1 if it fails in some way, that way your really getting a 40 limit.
Old 11th May 2009, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon View Post
Sad thing is, if you Import and it fails to Download or Fails to Encode, or whatever other error, it still counts as 1 so if you have 40 and you try 3 times and 4th time it works, you only have 36 more trys, really sucks when you try to get clips from youtube in parts, kinda wish the limit was 50.

The way it SHOULD work is that you get -1 for an Import, but +1 if it fails in some way, that way your really getting a 40 limit.
I was just about to ask about that because I only have 33 total on my channel.

I wonder if the timer restarts the 24 hour count every time I try to upload something else to see if I can get to work again?

I suppose the limit makes sense, though hard to promote with very limited content...

Maybe it would be a good idea to add some sort of timer or add a "you can start uploading again at xx:xx" to the error message?
Old 12th May 2009, 08:13
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
Point taken in regards to communication. For the record, this was done in response to abuse in which users were uploading many files a day to the point of affecting the service for other users, and was never a planned change but one we were forced to make.

The limit is set at 40 clips which we expect should not effect the vast majority of users but for those who are effected, understand that this is a necessary limitation to ensure that all imports are processed efficiently.

Thanks for your support.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Ben, I got the limit message to after about 20 clips. I run lots of channels, including an Independent News Media and need to import many small clips, mostly from qik.com that are not being pushed correctly to Mogulus. (Maybe the limit is part of the reason?)

When we do breaking news, I cant afford to be halted by this that seems to effect all imports on multiple channels at once, since we stream many small segments some days, however I understand a 40 clip limit. It just does not seem to be working right.

Thanks
Old 12th May 2009, 15:52

This has never happened to me. I've never really needed even close to 40 clips in a day, figuring we actually have content, but could it be happening due to not verifying the channel?
One thing that I want to point out is that:

A) It's free. For the amount that we are allowed to do already, be grateful.

B) Mogulus is still in BETA mode. Problems will be ongoing and some may not be fixed immediately.

And for those who actually need 40+ clips a day, might I recommend Procaster. You can just keep all the clips on your hard drive and use a media player to make a playlist. Then, just shrink the screen capture window to just show the media player screen and press the correct "show screen" button. Works like a charm, and no clip limitations.
Old 14th May 2009, 07:42
Livestream Community Help

Send a message via Skype™ to davidaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpwn View Post
This has never happened to me. I've never really needed even close to 40 clips in a day, figuring we actually have content, but could it be happening due to not verifying the channel?
One thing that I want to point out is that:

A) It's free. For the amount that we are allowed to do already, be grateful.

B) Mogulus is still in BETA mode. Problems will be ongoing and some may not be fixed immediately.

And for those who actually need 40+ clips a day, might I recommend Procaster. You can just keep all the clips on your hard drive and use a media player to make a playlist. Then, just shrink the screen capture window to just show the media player screen and press the correct "show screen" button. Works like a charm, and no clip limitations.
Very nice tip, for folks that have the media on their local drives. We dont always work like that though. We import from cloud to cloud (web server to web server) over multiple channels with clips that are often just 1- 10 minutes long. Yes, the channels ARE verified as well.

Having to download them and do a screen cap is not an option for us when we are on location reporting with only our cell phones that also broadcast to Mogulus live.

I often wonder whether it could also be that "failed" imports count as well?
Old 22nd June 2009, 02:33

Default Any limits on imports?

Hello

Are there any limits as to how much we can import daily? This is in relation to a free channel.

This is critical in getting a new channel going, as I am doing. I get the 'you have imported
too much today' msg if i try importing one video or 10 videos.

I dont want to start off on the wrong foot but would like a guideline on any import
limitations.

Thank you,

Sam
Old 22nd June 2009, 10:22
Administrator

There is an upload limit of 40 clips per day, this should not effect the vast majority of users but again for those who are effected, understand that this is a necessary limitation to ensure that all imports are processed efficiently.

-Ben
Livestream Support
Old 23rd June 2009, 20:06

Default my video not upload

hi.
please let me know...I try to upload my videos. when I upload them , then don't appear . it says.."Unable to get the video/media Information.".....the same videos was apload in the past.

thank you
Old 24th June 2009, 19:28

Default uploading videos

i have videos loaded up on my story board but cant upload any more whats up with that
Old 25th June 2009, 13:18

Default Uploading Problem Help!!!!!

I've tried numerous times today to upload my own content to my channel, it goes through the process of uploading, it looks like it's working properly and when the upload is done, there's nothing in the folder I've uploading to. Plus I keep getting an error saying can not connect to channel - does this have anything to do with the upgrade that was made today?
Help!!!! I have a ton of local content to ad to the channel this weekend.