Old 29th April 2009, 02:56

Exclamation Uploading videos

HI, i have problem with uploading my videos from computer . I wrote a descriptions to the table , then i find a file to upload and when is uploading and converting at 100% wrote me message "too many upload videos today" though its first upload at the day . After this message i cant get any videos to the playlist not even from web servers ... Please Help
Old 29th April 2009, 09:33

Question Imported Too Many Vids???

I logged into my studio for the first time today, began importing videos from YouTube, then I got a message saying "You have imported to many clips today, please try again in a day".

I only imported like 6 videos the whole day! PLEASE tell me this is just a glitch?
Old 29th April 2009, 10:37

Same thing happening here. First upload of the day.
Old 29th April 2009, 13:12
Administrator

The upload limit is for a 24 hour period, so you will need to wait 24 hours from the time you reach the import limit to be able to import content again. This would also happen if on a shared computer (i.e. university etc.) and somebody else has been using the studio previously.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 29th April 2009, 22:39

Thumbs down

How many is the upload limit & at what time does the 24 hour period begin? It`s been 24 hours & I still cannot import.
Old 30th April 2009, 01:08

And Mogulus wonders why people are always so upset with them.
Old 30th April 2009, 10:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhomer View Post
The upload limit is for a 24 hour period, so you will need to wait 24 hours from the time you reach the import limit to be able to import content again. This would also happen if on a shared computer (i.e. university etc.) and somebody else has been using the studio previously.

-Ben
Mogulus Support

Is this something new? It's not documented anywhere on the site what the limit is.

Ben, in your opinion do you think that it would have been good practice to tell your users about a significant change such as this before it happened?
Old 30th April 2009, 11:09
Administrator

Point taken in regards to communication. For the record, this was done in response to abuse in which users were uploading many files a day to the point of affecting the service for other users, and was never a planned change but one we were forced to make.

The limit is set at 40 clips which we expect should not effect the vast majority of users but for those who are effected, understand that this is a necessary limitation to ensure that all imports are processed efficiently.

Thanks for your support.

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 30th April 2009, 21:12

Thanks Ben - and for the record it is understandable why this measure was put in place. If it means better performance for everyone then we're all for it.
Old 4th May 2009, 17:17

Unhappy

I have only imported two clips, and I have gotten the 'you have uploaded too many clips today' message. I was right on the verge of paying for a Pro Account as well, so that pretty much fizzled my fire. Is this just a temporary glitch? I really want to like Mogulus. :-(