Old 19th July 2012, 20:46

Question Procaster Acting Weird...

My live streams just aren't working right! Yesterday I was able to only live stream about 11 minutes until it would suddenly stop without me knowing and I only knew that it stopped when I checked my videos and there were up to 5 minutes cut off from the endings of each video. Then suddenly today it's closing after only like 2 minutes and saying I have a problem with my internet connection and I should switch to a lower bandwith or something like that? I have Windows XP and I know I downloaded the right procaster. I've even tried closing everything besides my internet and the procaster since the control window on the bottom says try closing another app (and something about my computer being over 80%?) and it still will not function properly.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2073463460.png Those are my results for the speed test I keep seeing in the forums, now what do I do? ._.

In case you ask I am also using the Mobile Quality because I don't know what else to use and it's the lowest so I thought it might help .o."

Last edited by kuroineko16; 23rd July 2012 at 23:55. Reason: Saw someone in another forum ask what quality they were using for their streams
Old 20th July 2012, 19:32

I'm having the very same problem, used to get 10 minutes or so, now it's stopping after 2.

My speed is very much above average: http://www.speedtest.net/result/2075221167.png

It is highly unlikely that this is a problem on my end, and I would very much like a solution to this dilemma.
Old 24th July 2012, 16:19
Livestream Producer Support

kuroineko16,

For best results, and to provide a better solution, you should run the speed test to a server in New York, NY at newyork.speedtest.net - be sure you are on a hard-wired, dedicated network.

getistreams,

Please run the speed test to New York, NY as directed above. Additionally, are you broadcasting from behind any firewalls? Are you on a wired, dedicated connection? Which messages if any are you receiving when the broadcast stops?
Old 24th July 2012, 19:48

Question Alright

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2082164495.png There, those are my results on the New York one.

What do you mean hard-wired, dedicated network? And if my networks not like that what do I do? .o.
Old 25th July 2012, 11:16

Hard-wired meaning you should be plugged directly into your network and avoid using wifi for a faster, more stable connection. Dedicated meaning avoid using shared networks that others can connect on which may be siphoning your upload bandwidth. Be sure you have minimized any programs that could be impacting your bandwidth as well.
Old 25th July 2012, 15:26

Default ...

So if I want to live stream from my laptop I have to be directly connected to the main computer? And I'm connected to a network that only works if you have a password if that even counts .o."
Old 26th July 2012, 16:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroineko16 View Post
So if I want to live stream from my laptop I have to be directly connected to the main computer? And I'm connected to a network that only works if you have a password if that even counts .o."
Run an ethernet wire directly from your router to your laptop. That may give you an increase in speed and keep your broadcast stable.
Old 26th July 2012, 16:47

Is there anything else I could possibly do? The main computer isn't mine and it's not in my room so connecting it with a cable would just leave something in the hallway for people to trip over .o."

Tags
acting weird, cutting off, low bandwidth, procaster, stopping