Old 24th April 2009, 22:09

Exclamation "Could not connect to channel" when uploading (every time)

Alright, so I'm trying to upload a video to my channel. It's a 700MB AVI file encoded as Xvid, with MP3 audio.

Every single time, EVERY single time I try to upload it (from my hard disk), it gets to 0% (or sometimes 1% if I'm lucky) and then gives me an error box with the "Could not connect to channel" error. Even after closing the box, the whole studio window remains greyed out and I can't select anything.

This is highly infuriating as it effectively reduces the content I can broadcast to youtube imports and live streams. Can anyone help?
Old 29th April 2009, 09:47

I have been experiencing this too. It`s a glitch that has been popping up randomly since the beginning of time. I can only hope Mogulus will correct it one day, because I know it`s going to interfere later down the line when we start airing live programming.
Old 6th May 2009, 09:32

Thumbs down Still occuring

For the past two hours now while trying to work in my studio, I keep getting "unable to connect to channel" again. I realize that Mogulus is in beta & I know first hand that this type of stuff isn`t easy. It requires non stop work.

But this glitch alarms me, because within a month or so we will be doing live programing & we need to get this resolved. I plan on doing a weekly talk show with guests, but it will be both embarassing & frustrationg if I have to tell my guests "You may as well go home cuz I cannot connect to the studio".

I truly hope we can get this problem resolved. It doesnt happen all the time, it`s ittermitant & unpredictable.
Old 9th May 2009, 09:35

Default Update

I was reading Ben Homer`s comment that this may be a bandwidth issue, so I did a speed test. Even though I have a DSL connection that is 600 kbps download, the test revealed that I was only getting about 300. I contacted my provider (AT&T) and they are sending a tech out on Monday. Hopefully this will solve my issue.
Old 12th May 2009, 13:37

Default Update

Well the tech from AT&T came out & determined that there is nothing we can do. He said that we are 2 1/2 miles from the nearest switching station & its impossible to give us 600 kbps because of the distance.

I feel guilty, because I was always under the assumption that these were bugs with Mogulus. But now I believe that these are issues on my end, NOT MOGULUS.

At this time I am looking for a better isp that can give me the service that they promise. The tech that came out to my home said it irritates him that AT&T isn`t more honest with potential customers about these sort of things. I guess they are more interested in making money, than honesty in advertising.

I apologize to Mogulus for thinking that their service had so many flaws. Like I said, I now believe the problems are on my end.

Tags
connect to channel, error, upload