Old 31st May 2012, 20:35

Default Procaster crashes all the time and never reconnects

I am using Procaster in XP with a e8400 intel core 2 duo 3.06ghz and a logitech c920 hd cam.

It does two to three things that I've noticed:

1. Crash for no apparent reason. After I'd say about 1-2 hours, it will crash. Gives you the standard crashed dialog box. So now I run on a separate computer at all times just to make sure it's broadcasting.

2. When there's high cpu usage (e.g. when I'm using the computer for something other than procasting) it will stop the broadcast. Then it says everything is ok, 'perfect streaming' with all green check marks, but the web site shows offline. So you have to stop the broadcast, then start the broadcast again. So now I run on a separate computer at all times just to make sure it's broadcasting.

3. Sometimes it says lost connection, attempting to reconnect. This never works. So you have to stop the broadcast, then start the broadcast again. So now I run on a separate computer at all times just to make sure it's broadcasting.

My only solution now is to run on a separate computer at all times just to make sure it's broadcasting. If it fails, stop the broadcast, then start the broadcast again.

Not a good solution at all. Is there a newer version than the 20.3 that I'm using now?
Old 2nd June 2012, 14:32
Livestream Producer Support

karlschickcam,

20.3 is the most up to date version of Procaster. Which quality setting are you streaming at? As streaming is a CPU intensive process and your computer is at the lower end of our recommended specs list, I would suggest avoiding any other action on your streaming machine while broadcasting. Additionally, please provide a screenshot of your upload speed to New York taken at newyork.speedtest.net.
Old 13th June 2012, 21:59

I figured out how to fix it. I started using Webcaster instead of Procaster. Quality sucks but at least it broadcasts none stop for almost all day now. Beats having it crash or stop every hour or so.

My upload speed is 1.6megabits according to speedtest.