Old 10th October 2010, 17:52

Exclamation Looking for video game livestreamers

Im looking for some people who would be interested in starting a team of video game livestreamers into one channel. http://streambros.webs.com is the official site I set up. It looks a bit rough at the moment, but we'll work on it.

Basically Im looking for people who would be up for streaming video games whenever they feel like it; no specific schedule required. If we get enough people to join in, then chances are there will be someone streaming more often than not.

You must have either a DVR for console game recording or a good dual-processing computer to desktop streaming. Even if all you can do is stream yourself playing some ROMs of SNES games on your computer you can join up, as long as the framerate is decent (no less than 20 fps).

When no one is streaming, video game trailers play automatically, which I will update every now and then.

Personally, I have a Dazzle DVR. Ive done some streaming but am having some technical difficulties with it at the moment, but hope to get back into it soon.

This is not a paid position. However, every official streamer gets to have his/her youtube videos on the site, will be listed under the "streamers" tab on the site, and get to drop some links to their website while they are streaming. So think of it as free publicity.

Again, there is not specific time requirement. If you think you could start up your computer/procaster while you play video games, they you can be on the team.
Old 19th October 2010, 15:24

Default Starcraft 2

Hello, I would be interested in this. I currently stream starcraft 2 as part of a team and would love to have the free publicity. What do I need to do to be a part of this?

Edit - just visited your site and applied

Last edited by zanderfever; 19th October 2010 at 15:30. Reason: New information
Old 19th October 2010, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanderfever View Post
Hello, I would be interested in this. I currently stream starcraft 2 as part of a team and would love to have the free publicity. What do I need to do to be a part of this?

Edit - just visited your site and applied
Just accepted you! Thank's for applying.
Old 22nd March 2011, 22:30

Default are you still looking for more streamers

iam a active gamer who wants to entertain viewers by letting them watch me play i have my own free plan stream but no one will watch so i wanted to see if theres a team of game streamers and hope that i can be apart of and enjoy letting ppl watch me play games from begining to the end of each game if there's something i need to do plz replay back to me my email is www.badbones8983@hotmail.com thank you
Old 15th November 2011, 18:16

Default interested!

id be interested to join and contribute with mw3 gameplay
Old 16th November 2011, 03:30

Hi I am interested in that work. I currently stream spacewold 3 as part of a team and I would love to have the free advertisment. What do I need to do to be a part of this?
Old 16th November 2011, 12:48

i would gladly have no issue with you using my live stream of my PS3 console gaming on your website but, im not using livestream to broadcast it for the following reasons:
1) 500Kbit max upload to their transcode server on a free account using FMLE.
2) a verification procedure thats equivalent to a courtroom procedure thats required to gain channel publicity and more than 50 viewers.
if livestream would raise the max upload to their transcode server to 1Mbit, it would be much better and i would certainly use them for my PS3 gaming stream.
you just cant get decent video with 500Kbit max using FMLE, no matter what you do.
the best you can get is 640x360 H.264 460Kbit @ 14.985, & HE-AAC audio @ 40Kbit, anything higher, the video macroblocks and the FMLE buffer starts filling up.
and no, i dont intend to use the software supported by livestream as it eats way too much CPU than FMLE does.
im currently using another free provider that allows a higher upstream to their transcode server, for the reasons i stated above.
if youre interested in embedding the live feed, send me an email for the URL of it as id rather not do disrespect by posting it in the livestream forums (i like livestream, just not the "gestapo" type restrictions) [elitedata at gmail dot com].
my current game play is Fallout: New Vegas (with bug exploits).
i play between 6pm and 12am eastern time.
i use a more "advanced" method to stream the PS3 console over the web.
a link to my gaming feed can also be found on my other website (which i happily use livestream for) - www.scpdny.com

Last edited by elitedata; 16th November 2011 at 12:55.
Old 16th November 2011, 13:00
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitedata View Post
i would gladly have no issue with you using my live stream of my PS3 console gaming on your website but, im not using livestream to broadcast it for the following reasons:
1) 500Kbit max upload to their transcode server on a free account using FMLE.
2) a verification procedure thats equivalent to a courtroom procedure thats required to gain channel publicity and more than 50 viewers.
if livestream would raise the max upload to their transcode server to 1Mbit, it would be much better and i would certainly use them for my PS3 gaming stream.
you just cant get decent video with 500Kbit max using FMLE, no matter what you do.
the best you can get is 640x360 H.264 460Kbit @ 14.985, & HE-AAC audio @ 40Kbit, anything higher, the video macroblocks and the FMLE buffer starts filling up.
and no, i dont intend to use the software supported by livestream as it eats way too much CPU than FMLE does.
im currently using another free provider that allows a higher upstream to their transcode server, for the reasons i stated above.
if youre interested in embedding the live feed, send me an email for the URL of it as id rather not do disrespect by posting it in the livestream forums (i like livestream, just not the "gestapo" type restrictions) [elitedata at gmail dot com].
my current game play is Fallout: New Vegas (with bug exploits).
i play between 6pm and 12am eastern time.
i use a more "advanced" method to stream the PS3 console over the web.
a link to my gaming feed can also be found on my other website (which i happily use livestream for) - www.scpdny.com
elitedata,

You can bypass the limit by utilizing Procaster for your broadcast. The higher CPU usage can probably be caused by the default local recording. I would recommend deactivating the local recording feature within the Desktop tab of your Procaster preferences. If you decide to try it out again, please use the latest beta which can be found within the Procaster Windows Forum: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604
Old 16th November 2011, 13:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_live View Post
elitedata,

You can bypass the limit by utilizing Procaster for your broadcast. The higher CPU usage can probably be caused by the default local recording. I would recommend deactivating the local recording feature within the Desktop tab of your Procaster preferences. If you decide to try it out again, please use the latest beta which can be found within the Procaster Windows Forum: http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604
im aware of the settings and features in procaster.
there are many technical details i have "debugged", involved as to why the application consumes alot of CPU on my machine, to post it here would "hi-jack" this thread, lets just say for one thing, if it didnt heavily utilize "dot-net", it would be much better.
if i really wanted more than 500Kbit, i could just use wirecast and change it to identify the procaster header captured in wireshark, but wirecast also uses much more CPU than FMLE but less than procaster does.
while it can be done, its not worth my time to "modify" the binary of FMLE to "imitate" procaster in order to obtain +500Kbit since i have to go through the "court procedure" verification process anyway - while i really like livestream as my first choice for a streaming platform because of its versatility and features, i completely understand the reason behind the restrictions, including using the procaster software, some of us who are veterans like i am, are knowledgeable about the facts concerning streaming platforms, Vobile content protection, free/paid services, business models and the legality of it, would appreciate the noose around our necks loosened just a little bit when it comes to simply streaming medium bitrate non-nudity based allowed video game content (not unreleased/prohibited material).
as for member "runekey", i would use caution streaming content such as copyright movies if you dont have a content royalty license allowing you permission to do so, of which you more than most likely do not have a content royalty license anyway.

Last edited by elitedata; 16th November 2011 at 14:49.
Old 18th November 2011, 00:20

I'd like to join up. I mainly stream random games at random intervals...warning, I have a really dorky voice.

Tags
channel, games, livestream, team, video