Old 3rd May 2012, 21:18

Default Procaster Livestream Video/Audio Delay

Why is it that when ever I Livestream, which is usually just of my current screen, there is always a delay from 10-30 seconds? I usually just take LS video of myself drawing digitally, or playing the occasional video game. I've heard claims that "this is normal" for a live streaming website but honestly? I'd bed to differ. They claim this RIGHT IN THEIR FAQ, so I would expect it to be true, and not a pig pile of lies;

"Q: What do you guys mean when you call Livestream "Live" Broadcasting?

When we say live, we really mean "live"! Just like you'd see on broadcast television. Our unique, patent pending technology allows Livestream to virtually eliminate the now infamous 20-second delay common in the live streaming process..."

So... explanations? I'm more than sure it's not my internet, seeing as it's quite fast, and SpeedTest.net seems to agree;

Is it something I need to toggle with in my Procaster Settings? Is it something else? All help is appreciated....
Old 5th May 2012, 13:37
Livestream Producer Support

ll_Raijin,

Please re-run the speed test to New York at newyork.speedtest.net and enclose your results. Additionally please tell me your CPU and RAM, as well as the version of Procaster you're using (Preferences > italic 'i' > version number)
Old 26th February 2013, 13:03

Default Video delay over 20 sec for BASIC PREMIUM Account

Hello LiveStream.com,

We have the 42 USD/month account BASIC PREMIUM with: ""Local Publishing Point *Streams based on your location for increased reliability and quality" )) & our video delay is over 20 sec!!! We are located in Bucharest, Romania - Europe and we have hi-speed internet with over 20Mbps upload & download guaranted by the ISP.

I had to use a local server & wowza server to do my job.
Please be kind & return my money back because we couldn't use your service.

Account ID: 2913751

PS: we where using a proper computer quad i7 macbook pro & H.264 Pro Recorder
as indicated in your website

Regards,
Radu

Last edited by raduionpop; 26th February 2013 at 13:05.
Old 26th February 2013, 16:09
Livestream Producer Support

radu,

Please open a support ticket with the information you provided here. Looks like your account did not receive a local publishing point, we can help to resolve that when you open the ticket.