Old 15th May 2012, 15:39

Default He posted in my chat at 3:30pm EST today.

Same spammer, same butterfly, same link.
Old 15th May 2012, 16:20
Livestream Producer Support

We're looking into the issue, however at this time the best we can advise is to limit chat only to those who have logged in with a Livestream account.
Old 16th May 2012, 22:14

More bans, more IPs
Old 17th May 2012, 02:40

Default Got an IP this time

Was able to catch and ban this IP number, at least....... Mussiikk - 200.59.240.185
Old 17th May 2012, 15:43

Default I'm suffering the visit of this spammer too

Hello all,

I stream everyday and it started a couple of weeks ago but she (it's a girl because once after banning girl and we talking about her as a guy he came again and said hey, I'm a girl)'s been coming more and more to the point that she comes several times the same day. It's very annoying so I decided to take a loofa at the forums here.

I noticed if she leaves before I can ban her I can't do it so I'm forced to clear all the messages to clean the spam.

And sometimes I try to ban her and I got the same message other user told "you can't ban a moderator of this chat".

My channel is: isrartistic

I hope you can solve this, thank you
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2012-05-17 at 9.37.39 PM.png (14.8 KB, 12 views)
Old 18th May 2012, 04:24

Default mussikk/ musikk

i got him too, spams about every hour. i banned him once, then he came back as a mod. he must be destroyed. my channel- brenthollowell
Old 24th May 2012, 16:58

This has been going on for WEEKS and I am REALLY sick and tired of it. Because you can't catch ONE PERSON who's spamming your users, everyone who visits my channel has to create a livestream account just to ask a question. That's BS - I'm losing viewers, I'm losing chatters, and I'm losing potential adopters for the rescue dogs I'm showcasing.

Either STOP this person, or give us the tools to do it ourselves - like the ability to ban a RANGE of IP numbers.
Old 29th May 2012, 19:41

Don't require login for chat, that's the worst way to deal with this. Well I guess you could restrict to moderator chat or disable chat entirely, that'd be a pretty stupid thing to do as well

Don't know why I'm still posting these since nobody can ban IPs without a username, and Livestream staff hasn't made any progress
Old 26th June 2012, 10:08

Exclamation Do something about this bull**** already

Livestream.

Get rid of this spammer.

Now.

Really, not being able to deal with a single person for months? This is inexcusable.

Do you not care? Is it not worth it to you? You think it's just guests and free members who are getting annoyed and leaving? Nobody is going to see Livestream rife with spam and bots, then move over to Ustream or Twitch? Well I hope you enjoy the ad revenue from empty channels.
Old 13th July 2012, 05:05

Exclamation Get this **** taken care of.

_______MUSSIK___ is spamming my channel (sweatshop) as well, and has been for months. Banning has no effect. I submitted a report about this once before and it continues to happen. Limiting chat to logged-in users is NOT A SOLUTION.

Get this taken care of or we'll move to Justin, Ustream or elsewhere. Ustream has an IRC backend, everyone, which helps a lot in chat administration AND allows you to log chats, which might be worth the trouble of moving in of itself.

Tags
ban, need help, spam