Old 20th April 2009, 13:27

Default audio desync, other minor things.

Ive recently tested the procaster and have a few things I would like to report I did this at feedback but im not sure if it was even supposed to go there so here they are.

#1 in older games that dont do "true" fullscreen and zoom in on a part of the screen and in some other older games it wont even detect the windows and it tells me to press whatever I bound to start streaming.

#2 the audio works for me but it never quite keeps synced in about ten minutes its about three seconds off on average and ive even had to restart it so It would resyncronise.

#3 It doesnt actually stream video for a good twenty seconds into the stream where I can speak but theres no video.

#4 the default binds are bad for pc streaming but its fine if you double check the binds first, pressing esc to stop streaming is complely incompatable for most pc games as that goes to a pause menu for settings, I set it to start at ctrl + f2 and stop at ctrl + f12, problem solved.

#5 the icon at the top left of the stream is actually recorded and sent live, It doesnt bug me that much but this and the audio are pretty much what keep me from using nothing but procaster.

#6 when its sent live some people on the stream will lagg and others wont and these people dont lagg with fme on the same settings, not sure why.

one nice thing is that it sends it to mogulus and it doesnt flicker if it uses procaster I have had innumerable problems with flickering and this saves me loads of heartache, i cant even stream some games live due to this severity.

overall its pretty good and after these are fixed I would use it in an instant but the audio sync is so bad.
Old 21st April 2009, 03:31

I have the same issue with the sound sync. The video will fall behind the audio for my viewers and for myself in testing.
It's like it'll just start going right out of sync pretty bad after approximately 8 minutes, rather suddenly. But for any time previous to that, it's totally fine.

And yeah, you pretty much have to end the broadcast and then start it back up again.
A bit silly.

Procaster is great. It allowed me to do this live streaming broadcast thing I've always wanted to try, and for that I thank you so very much. Having 9 of my forum chums watching me draw and play Super Metroid and Spelunky is just fab.
But still, this sync issue is wicked annoying.
Old 21st April 2009, 05:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauphastus View Post
s sync issue is wicked annoying.
I like spelnky and so you know if you really want to use that normally for a full game, vhscrcap can capture it quite nicely with no flicker at all, Ive live streamed it too.

oh and that thing with some things turning black can be fixed by opening and exiting a dx8 or dx7 program.

and check out notrium, just a quick google search away, thats pretty fun too.Procaster is great. It allowed me to do this live streaming broadcast thing I've always wanted to try, and for that I thank you so very much. Having 9 of my forum chums watching me draw and play Super Metroid and Spelunky is just fab.
But still, this sync issue is wicked annoying.[/QUOTE]

I like spelnky and so you know if you really want to use that normally for a full game, vhscrcap can capture it quite nicely with no flicker at all, Ive live streamed it too.

oh and that thing with some things turning black can be fixed by opening and exiting a dx8 or dx7 program.

and check out notrium, just a quick google search away, thats pretty fun too.

oh and I have to switch away from my main browser to post anything kinda annoying.
Old 22nd April 2009, 05:15

I have had this happen a lot as well, though it happens rather soon after I start, and slowly gets more and more off-sync with the video as I continue to broadcast. I've tried running at a horribly low bitrate (and low quality VBR), with no improvement whatsoever, so I know it's not my bandwidth or anything.
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:55
Administrator

Thank you for reporting this. Are you experiencing this only when streaming games or when broadcasting your camera?

We are investigating this and the following items would be helpful in our troubleshooting if you can, please e-mail to procaster@mogulus.com:

Log file from the location below
C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\procaster\procaster.log

As well as the results of dxdiag which you can get by following these instructions:
1. press Start (xp: start + run)
2. type in the box dxdiag, press enter
3. in dxdiag, click on Save All Information
4. send us the text file you saved

-Ben
Mogulus Support
Old 22nd April 2009, 21:49

I don't have a camera myself. I've been using the procaster "game" setting, and sometimes the "screen" setting when needed (usually for my doodling shows).
At pretty much the exact same time, all viewers will report back to me saying the sync is right off by about three seconds. According to my timer, it happens around the 8 or 9 minute mark.
For me anyway.

I'll be sending off these files you've requested, no prob

For others who might be having difficulty finding procaster.log (I did at first), mine was located at
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\procaster

Thanks for responding, Ben.

EDIT: Um, for some reason that email you've given me there is not working.

Last edited by Gauphastus; 22nd April 2009 at 21:58. Reason: Minor problem.
Old 23rd April 2009, 10:17

feel kinda dumb that I already knew this and I should've posted it in with the report.

also I tend to use opera for memory reasons, and The forums gives me an error when I try to post as it expects somthing but its alright, ill just open up firefox and post it.

Also the file limit makes me D:

So no procaster log for you ;/ unless I chop it into 46 parts or so cause its at 345kb of pain.