Old 15th April 2012, 17:12

Default Stream from multiple computers/wifi?

I am using livestream just fine to broadcast from my desktop Mac.

I use the studio, and an admin for this particular station I broadcast on cue's up artist as they are due to play.

I now need to broadcast from more cameras than on the primary desktop Mac. I have a macbook pro with additional webcam, is there a way to stream from that camera as well?

Does anyone make an app to make a remote camera looking like a native video device on another mac?
Old 15th April 2012, 17:20
Livestream Producer Support

Ryan0751,

You can log in to your account across multiple computers to use additional cameras, which you can then manage by cueing and transitioning in Studio. You can also set up production team members on the channel if you are not comfortable disclosing your login information to the folks who will be using the other computers.
Old 9th July 2012, 17:06

Default Using two webcams from different locations

Hello.
Can you please refer me to any instructions about how to use livestream with two webcams? I need to conduct an interview with someone who is in a different country. I'd love to use livestream so that the interview has visual--not just audio--components. Is there a way to have two cameras streaming at the same time?

Last edited by experts4africa; 9th July 2012 at 17:06. Reason: update notification
Old 10th July 2012, 12:40
Livestream Producer Support

experts4africa,

You can add a user as a production team member and both you and the team member can stream to your channel. You would then need to cue and transition between the camera sources in the studio. Otherwise you could use a program such as Skype and use Procaster in screen capture mode to record the conversation.
Old 10th July 2012, 14:33

Default Stream from multiple computers

HI Ernie.
Thank you for your response. I have a follow-up question. Your reference to Skype--does this apply only with a Mac? I went to look up the details, and all I could find is "Streaming a Skype video chat with Procaster for Mac and Soundflower" I found this on http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

I use a PC.

Here is what I'm trying to do. I will be running a series of training conversations between myself and different people--one other person, per session. These other people will often be in Africa. I really want the camera ability, not just audio, to allow the viewers to see the speakers, as well as their desktops/powerpoint slides.

is this possible?

Thank you.