Old 29th March 2012, 21:40

Question A weird sound issue

Greetings all,

Here is the scenario. I was running a simulation with Livestream Procaster. I had my earphones in and was running an interview with someone on a website, tinychat.com to be more specific.

When I configured the audio in Procaster, I have the following:
Built-in Mic
Speaker audio

When I recorded this, the speaker audio picked up nothing from the other person. You could hear me (due to the built-in mic), but when the other person spoke, the recording didn't register anything. Yet, when I went to play a YouTube video, the speaker audio picked that up and it played through just fine. Also, when I took out my earphones, the built-in mic picked up their speech (obviously) and the recording picked it up as well.

This leads to the obvious question, how can I record my interviewee's speech and I don't have to unplug my earphones?
Old 30th March 2012, 18:40
Livestream Producer Support

Happiness508,

I was able to record a tinychat session, both video and audio, with the latest version of Procaster for both Mac and PC. Which version of Procaster are you using? You can see this by clicking Preferences then clicking the italic 'i' at the top right of the preferences window.
Old 31st March 2012, 01:03

I'm using version 20.2.69M.
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:08
Livestream Procaster Support

Hey, I think tinychat ignores the default output device, and thus streaming directly to the speakers, could you see if you can set the output manually and play around with that?

Tags
audio, interview, no audio, procaster