Old 22nd March 2012, 18:24

Default Live Streaming Issues

Hey Guys,

I have a Canon HG21 camera, and an Toshiba L655 laptop and I'm looking to live stream sports next year. My research tells me that I can't live stream with this camera. Is there any possible way I can get around this? My laptop has a VGA outlet, and I've heard that I can buy an VGA to HDMI cable, or converter. I've also heard of buying a Sima Vivo Video, or a black magic video recorder. I'm not sure on what to do. Any help?
Old 24th March 2012, 11:18
Livestream Producer Support

jakieboy,

I've taken a look at the specs of your machine and it appears it will not be suitable for streaming. As the only input ports are RGB and USB, the only certified option would be the H.264 Pro Recorder which input via USB 2.0, however it requires a higher end machine to run with at least an i5 CPU.

A few certified methods of streaming from a laptop are going from camera directly to laptop via FireWire, and going from camera to Grass Valley ADVC110 via component, and ADVC110 to laptop via FireWire. We also list some laptop encoding options in our store at the following URL: http://store.livestream.com/collecti...aptop-encoding