Old 4th May 2012, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernielive View Post
openrangevideo,

Yes, you should be able to run your HDMI (program out) to the Broadcaster, however you may not receive audio unless it is input to the TVS via AES (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AES3).
So if I run cameras into the ATEM TVS with HDMI, and then out via HDMI, their mics won't be heard by the Livestream Broadcaster? I would have to also run XLR from cams to TVS alongside the HDMI cable? Is this also true when capturing to a computer via BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle or the like and then trying to broadcast via Livestream for Producers?
Old 4th May 2012, 16:42
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisloveproductions View Post
So if I run cameras into the ATEM TVS with HDMI, and then out via HDMI, their mics won't be heard by the Livestream Broadcaster? I would have to also run XLR from cams to TVS alongside the HDMI cable? Is this also true when capturing to a computer via BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle or the like and then trying to broadcast via Livestream for Producers?
chrisloveproductions,

To clarify, the Blackmagic ATEM TVS cannot take in audio if it's not via a Coaxial AES connection (digital). What this means is that the audio will not be captured via HDMI or HD-SDI into the ATEM switcher. If you are capturing directly to a computer, from your source, with a capture card (without the ATEM switcher), the audio will be detected.

Tags
multiple camera, new livestream, wirecast