Old 6th March 2012, 11:46

Default Bad quality stream and archive upload

Ok so i've been testing procaster the last few days and i get the same problem both while streaming and then after its uploaded to the video library. The stream freezes every couple of minutes for a few seconds and then when its uploaded to the library you can see it, for example i was testing streaming Mass Effect 3 last night http://www.livestream.com/hobovision...d-a2059585fdf0 if you watch the first 1 minute you'll see it stutter at least 3 times and skipping actual footage, i had someone come and watch the stream to tell me what it was like and from his end the quality was bad and the stream was very laggy.

PC Specs are:
CPU: i-7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz
PSU: 850W Corsair HX Series
Cooling: Corsair H100
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
Motherboard: GByte GA-P67A-UD4
HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 x2
SSD: 128GB Crucial m4 SATA 6GB/s
GFX: 2GB XFX HD 6970

Speedtest:

Settings on Procaster:

It doesnt really matter what target bitrate i put in the results are all the same, is there something i can change or can you give me some ideal settings for my PC
Old 6th March 2012, 11:53

Sorry if i've posted this in the wrong section, if it is can someone please move it to the right one, thank you
Old 6th March 2012, 11:58
Livestream Producer Support

KompletelyKompLeX,

Could you run a speed test with your destination server set for New York, NY and return those results? This will help us to determine a proper bit rate and resolution setting. For now, I would suggest lowering your bit rate and resolution. Have you tried broadcasting at Procaster's optimized gaming quality selection?
Old 6th March 2012, 12:03

I've also tried the optimized gaming quality it was terrible for both the stream and archive footage
Old 6th March 2012, 17:56

Ok i think i have fixed the quality issue by using dxtory as the input you can notice the difference

With Dxtory: http://livestre.am/1k4jt
Without Dxtory: http://livestre.am/1k4a7

But the stutter/skipping is still there, every 40 to 50 seconds it removes a second or 2 in the video library and just freezes on the stream its self
Old 6th March 2012, 18:07

Could you let me know which version of Procaster you're using? You can find this by clicking Preferences, then the italic 'i' on the top right of the preferences window. Also, please be sure you have no firewalls that may be affecting your broadcast, and you are not running any other programs that could be interfering with the network and system performance.
Old 6th March 2012, 18:17

Version I am using is the latest one I think it's 20.2.69P, I've also allowed Procaster through my firewall so thing shouldn't be an issue, when I stream the only processes or software running will be the game and Procaster and now Dxtory as it seems to get better results when used as the camera input
Old 14th March 2012, 11:31

KompletelyKompLeX,

Could you please try streaming again, this time after your broadcast please save a copy of your Procaster logs. These can be retrieved by going to the video tab, within the preferences menu then hitting the saves logs button. A zip file will save to your destop, please then send this file along with a link to this thread and the following info to procaster@livestream.com:

Game settings
CPU level when streaming and playing the game

Please then try streaming as follows:
Disable anti lag from within Procaster
Try streaming at 2000kbps

Thanks,
Matt
Livestream Support
Old 16th March 2012, 13:30

I done a test stream just now for about 20 minutes and sent the email with the logs, CPU levels when streaming and playing the game are 10% to 15% on the game and almost double that for Procaster at between 20% to 35% it sometimes peaked at about 45% but didnt stay there for longer than a minute
Old 16th March 2012, 14:20
Livestream Procaster Support

KompletelyKompLeX, there seems to be something weird going on, which channel name do you have selected in the game, and does it show up in the game?

Also, what game did you stream with?