Old 15th April 2009, 20:55

Thumbs up procaster.com = AMAZING

have you checked out the newest release from mogulus? www.procaster.com has a downloadable version of the mogulus studio with some amazing extra features. the screen capture, game capture and the 3d effects are just soooo smooth and very mac keynote esque.

I know that this might not apply to everyone but omg, having a built in super high quality screen caster means so much to us. Trainings, demonstrations and show and tell are just the begining. Think about all the applications you can run on the desktop to stream.

security cameras, web-browsing, powerpoints, other camera programs that are not yet compatible with mogulus, the list goes on.

i just wanted to say, way to frikkin go mogulus. This is the kind of stuff that is going to make sure you dominate the industry.
Old 16th April 2009, 15:48

I agree completely, It's amazing. It's what made me switch from uStream over to Mogulus in the first place. I'll be putting it to it's paces later this evening with some gaming sessions. =P
Old 16th April 2009, 17:36

Default story boards?

is there any way to launch videos from my story boards that ive spent so much time collecting and uploading with procaster?
Old 16th April 2009, 17:52

Default not yet

right now there is nothing built in but the fact that there is now actual software out there to handle this, im sure updates and upgrades will follow shortly.

right now i am just super stoked to have something to replace flash media encoder with. i love the built in chat moderation and screencapture tools. i used to have to run webcammax as a source in FME and that did not perform well at all.
Old 17th April 2009, 11:20

hopefully they add more features like being able to launch your videos and other features that webcammax has like pictures because i dont really want to pay 50 bucks for webcammax to remove that nasty watermark
Old 17th April 2009, 23:45

Procaster looks very promising.

Certainly a HUGE improvement over FME, in quality and CPU overhead.

Two issues I see.

I can't make my Diamond VC500 work. I simply get an hang on procaster while trying to "initialize Effect 41%" If I run it through Super Webcam it works so I suspect some sort incompatibility with the VC500 drivers. Very disappointing since the VC500 works well.

Second is that I have multiple laptop camera sources. Apparently Procaster will only let you have a single stream into Mogulus. I can find any way to give each stream a separate identifier like FME does.
Old 20th April 2009, 21:12

Default I want to try this

Unfortunately all it does it crash. It basically tries to detect capture devices and voila..it crashes.

It seems like a promising program, but I think way too early to release if I can't even open it.
Old 21st April 2009, 16:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marky_X View Post
Unfortunately all it does it crash. It basically tries to detect capture devices and voila..it crashes.

It seems like a promising program, but I think way too early to release if I can't even open it.
Your problem is probably caused by Webcammax (just like me and many others). Uninstall it and you'll see that Procaster works like a dream. Of course, uninstalling Webcammax is no option for me so I hope the makers solve this issue asap.