Old 25th February 2012, 08:51

Default Support for more than 1 screen/monitor

I hope this is the right place

Just thought I'd point this out even though someone else in these forums already did. What I look for is really an extra feature or setting in the Procaster that easily lets you stream more than one monitor at the time. It would be most handful for those running a dual or even triple screen setup and is streaming video.

I'm not sure how hard this would be to create, nor what sort of upload that would be required in the end to run/stream such monster resolutions, but just knowing the option is there would come in handy.

If this would be possible to implement into the Procaster software the livestream development team could probably play around with this some more, lets say give the one streaming the option to have a setup of 2 or 3 screens capturing(or cameras), and those watching the stream can click a button in the bottom of the player that swaps which screen streamed they are watching? This would improve the functionality greatly since having 2 or 3 screens lined up in one player would probably mean everything would become very tiny in the window.

All just ideas though, but if something like this existed I'd be most happy.
Old 25th February 2012, 09:59
Livestream Producer Support

KovuRed,

Thank you for your feedback about Procaster. I have added this as a feature request for you.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 13th March 2012, 20:53

It's wonderful to hear that it's been put up for suggestion!

Thanks for reading.
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:38

Send a message via AIM to JustGLiTcH Send a message via MSN to JustGLiTcH Send a message via Yahoo to JustGLiTcH Send a message via Skype™ to JustGLiTcH

Only thing with this is it would be like 3 procaster programs running at the same time, 1 for each monitor. Would use a ridiculous amount of CPU, but im interested to see if it can be done! I guess it could also be implemented like recording from a desktop and webcam at the same time (like when people play games and show themselves in the corner of the stream)
Old 3rd April 2012, 04:45

Send a message via AIM to JustGLiTcH Send a message via MSN to JustGLiTcH Send a message via Yahoo to JustGLiTcH Send a message via Skype™ to JustGLiTcH

Just noticed that in the "Desktop" tab it has an option called "start capture 2nd monitor". Does this switch to that monitor or capture both at the same time?
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:50
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGLiTcH View Post
Just noticed that in the "Desktop" tab it has an option called "start capture 2nd monitor". Does this switch to that monitor or capture both at the same time?
JustGLitch,

The "start capture 2nd monitor" option when enabled, then by default Procaster starts capturing the secondary or the 2nd monitor, you can use the green wire-frame and drag it across to primary monitor to show it, note that at any point of time only one monitor can be streamed.

Tags
double, monitor, streaming, triple