Old 22nd February 2012, 21:46

Angry CPU above 80%?!

"CPU is above 80%. Stop and lower quality." Well, quality is running at 198kbps.

I literally do not have anything else running except basic background stuff.

I use Windows 7 home edition, 4gb ram, I want to use Procaster to Livestream my GIMP art sessions. I have seen people do it while still comfortably running Pandora/Youtube/music in the background, surfing the web looking at references for pictures, etc.

Meanwhile, I apparently hit 80% CPU usage just by doing anything other than clicking around on my desktop. Which is boring.

What am I doing wrong. I know it's got to be something super-simple, like I have a wrong setting, but I have spent two hours poking around on my own and I'm getting very annoyed (mostly at myself.) Please help!
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:48
Livestream Producer Support

Eyerys,

What are the details of your CPU? Which version of Procaster are you using? You can check this by clicking Preferences, then clicking the italic 'i' at the top right corner of the preferences window.

Please be sure you refer to our minimum system requirements at the following URL: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...r_Broadcasting
Old 28th February 2012, 05:53

Exclamation Same problem on Asus i5

Hi!
I have the same problem of CPU load up to 80% on
Asus ZenBook UX31E
Intel Core i5-2557M (1.7 GHz) / RAM 4 ГБ / SSD 256 ГБ / Intel HD Graphics 3000 /

Is there any solution?
Old 28th February 2012, 09:40
Livestream Procaster Support

Both of you, can you open the task manager and see what the CPU usage is with normal usage?

svetritsa, your CPu has been graded to do Medium and Mobile when only using a webcam. What are you trying to do?