Old 13th February 2012, 11:39

Default Playing livestream using VLC media player

I'm curious if it's possible to play livestreams using VLC media player, and even more interested in if it's possible to create a .pls file that users can easily open and listen to the livestream without having to open an internet browser or remember links.

Please help with this, I searched the boards and people seem to mention being able to do it, but I can't fitgure out HOW.

I do not want to stream from my media player, I want to create a file that users can open to listen to the stream. (And would it be possible to force it to only play audio, no video?)
(I hope this is in the right board)
Old 13th February 2012, 12:57
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorixWolf View Post
I'm curious if it's possible to play livestreams using VLC media player, and even more interested in if it's possible to create a .pls file that users can easily open and listen to the livestream without having to open an internet browser or remember links.

Please help with this, I searched the boards and people seem to mention being able to do it, but I can't fitgure out HOW.

I do not want to stream from my media player, I want to create a file that users can open to listen to the stream. (And would it be possible to force it to only play audio, no video?)
(I hope this is in the right board)
NorixWolf,

This option is not currently available on our platform. I would recommend sending your users a direct link to your webpage which they can then click on and bookmark for easier access to your broadcasts.

Tags
livestream, vlc media player