Old 9th February 2012, 02:46

Thumbs down This is from my G+

Okay, so I'm really irate right now. So apparently the new livestream.com has completely cut out the category browsing and also the ability to search for channels. This is unacceptable and I personally will not stand for it. I am MOVING ON! How do they think that just promoting premium channels will grow their company. They must of expected PIPA and SOPA to pull through and make them cut all the other channels out anyway. I was loyal and happy with their old service until this abomination came to fruition. I'm done with them... hello Justin.tv!

http://gplus.to/erojasper
Old 11th February 2012, 08:30

Smile New Livestream

Hi can anyone tel me how to search for channels on the New Livestream Homepage.It may be looking at me but I cant find it. I maild Livestream Conrtact but got no reply.
Thanking you in advance
Kieran
Old 11th February 2012, 10:49

Default searching

you cant
they took it away

today i counted 28channells, thats all a visitor to the site can see today

the other thousands of channels can no longer be found, i just got off the phone with support

as a producer this is annoying, because people will no longer find me, but as a viewer, i enjoy trolling around to see what is being broadcast by people around the world, there is some very interesting content here, i like doing that on ustream as well, people are doing very cool things

the corporate crap in that is recomended is a big yawn
where is the knitting factory, where is ... you name it.. they are effectively hiding all the content they have spent years creating

what a bizarre corporate decision by livestream, they are shutting down part of their business

i guesse the idea is we promote ourselves
i have no doubt livestreams traffic will drop off seriously and this wont last long

but a decision like shakes ones faith in the management, particularly for those of us who have decided to make livestream a business partner by using their product in our own business

i worry about whats next
i feel like this decision is hurting my business and indicates values im not comfortable with

ive never complained before, but this is a decision a lot of people connected to livestream will remember as one that changed their minds
Old 11th February 2012, 11:20

Question

I am really dissapoimted with this. I only started using Livestream about a month ago. I will be running an event in March and was going to use Livestream but now Iwill look elsewhere. I can't have them changing something else that might stop the transmission a day or two before we go live.
The event will be on March 9th and will be view by about 1000 people in 40 centers, so I don't want to take any chances. What other site would be good for going live?

Cheers
Kieran
Old 11th February 2012, 11:28

Default new livestream

i dont think they are going to stop the transmission, its just that no one who visits the livestream channell will be able to find it, from what i can tell

livestream works very well, it webcasts great, its customer service is excellent, ive been working with them since june and i have no complaints, until they decided to hide all the channells except for 30 huge corporates who undoubtedly are paying huge sums of money to be the only channells anyone on the planet can find on livestream

i mean, i thought ok, i will find my favorite channells by following them, there must be a search function so i can choose to follow things i like, youtube has it, facebook has it, ustream has it, twitter has it, come to think of it, i dont know anyone else who does not allow a user to search their content, but no, i am only allowed to follow the 28 channells selected by livestream

its like your cable tv company one day saying sorry, you cant watch 500 channells anymore, here are the 10 we want you to watch

or wallmart removing all their items for sale, linking up 28 products inside the door with a single cash register saying come on it, we have 28 things for sale

im not the sharpest knive in the drawer, but i dont understand this decision
Old 11th February 2012, 16:48

Thumbs down

Alright I've been coming to this site almost every day for the last 3 years.

I really liked it. But seriously guys what the hell?

99% of the content on home page is featured BS in which 99% of your consumer base is JUST NOT INTERESTED. Fashion, Volvorace whatever.. Alright you need more money I get it, now where is the rest?

'We think you will love these streams' - no. Not one.

No search function, no categories, no nothing. If I haven't bookmarked my favorite streams I'd have no access to them. I mean what was the idea behind this? Design like it's 1985?

I'm not going all neckbeard basement dweller on your ass here, just asking whose idea was this? Will it stay this way? The site looks like it's not even in beta version; yet it's online a proudly presenting the -new Livestream-
Old 11th February 2012, 18:24

Default Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestreameast View Post
you cant
they took it away

today i counted 28channells, thats all a visitor to the site can see today

the other thousands of channels can no longer be found, i just got off the phone with support

as a producer this is annoying, because people will no longer find me, but as a viewer, i enjoy trolling around to see what is being broadcast by people around the world, there is some very interesting content here, i like doing that on ustream as well, people are doing very cool things

the corporate crap in that is recomended is a big yawn
where is the knitting factory, where is ... you name it.. they are effectively hiding all the content they have spent years creating

what a bizarre corporate decision by livestream, they are shutting down part of their business

i guesse the idea is we promote ourselves
i have no doubt livestreams traffic will drop off seriously and this wont last long

but a decision like shakes ones faith in the management, particularly for those of us who have decided to make livestream a business partner by using their product in our own business

i worry about whats next
i feel like this decision is hurting my business and indicates values im not comfortable with

ive never complained before, but this is a decision a lot of people connected to livestream will remember as one that changed their minds
Can we start a campaign to get this changed back or is there another company willing to develop a site that will do what Livestream used to do before making this weird move. I think Livestream could loose 90% of its traffic and at least 15% -50% of its revenue overnight.

Regards
Kieran
Old 11th February 2012, 21:52

Default new livestream

i dont want to start an anti livestream thing, i like it here and i hope they will fix this, or at least explain it, i think thepeople who have premium accounts, and theres lots of people here who give a lot more money to livestream every year than me, deserve an explanation, we are not just internet users, we are their clients, they are supposed to keep us happy to keep us here

but the product we bought is gone, i think as their clients we deserve an explanation

anyway, im going to leave it at that, i dont want to start a big deal
im done
Old 12th February 2012, 00:44

Angry No search?

So now no one can search for *my* channel any more? Or any of the Occupy Wall Street Channels that you are otherwise supporting...? What corporate tool decided that this was a good idea?

We are here to spread the news, not be hidden behind the nonsense that someone in marketing thinks will interest your rapidly retreating fan base.

Our channel cannot stream live from iPhones with Qik or any other application anymore... (I spent a lot of money for that iPhone, battery pack, etc.) We had been screen capping other Livestream channels... now we are screen capping other Ustream channels because except for a few, we can no longer *search* for the Livestream addresses any more.

What? Really? Can't stream from our iPhones on Livestream because there is no app for the iPhone any more. Can't search for any other channels related to ours because of no *search* function.

I think someone is trying to run you out of the business... possibly from within. I beg of you guys; fire the idiot before it is too late.
Old 12th February 2012, 03:27

Default Hey Wake up Admins!

I want a response on why this "New" Website is crap! and there's no search functions! You guys want MONEY?!?! Well, you're about to lose a lot more by doing this.

Tags
accounts deleted, free channels, old version