Old 7th February 2012, 01:39

Default lol what

LOVE how you removed the search function (and browsing). Great innovation for the new site, very helpful for finding streams.

oh yeah that's sarcasm, i know that tends to get lost in text.

**** you livestream

Last edited by buhbuhbarnacles; 7th February 2012 at 02:00. Reason: forgot to complain about browsing
Old 7th February 2012, 01:50

Angry

I agree with you. The "new" livestream is ridiculous. Not only am I unable to search, but I am also unable to browse channels based on category. I am extremely unhappy with this. I don't care about what livestream "recommends" I watch - I have no interest in your sponsored channels.

I also hate that I can't access just livestream.com and it instead keeps redirecting me to "new.livestream.com." This is ridiculous, and if things are not changed, I will not be using this website. Period.
Old 7th February 2012, 01:59

Thumbs down

Agree agree a thousand times agree to this. How are streams supposed to grow or even get started if there's literally no way to find them on the site?

It's like you're trying to weed out anyone who isn't willing to pay you thousands for premium or something.

Also you're going against your "Zero Tolerance on Piracy" oath:

"Livestream does not conceal or make it difficult to find popular channels."

Right now you are totally doing that.

Last edited by TheMC11; 7th February 2012 at 02:09.
Old 7th February 2012, 02:09

seems like visitors must now make accounts to browse streams too./can't browse much at all.
i hate logging in and I liked having the freedom of changing my username.
though you can still watch a stream without logging in if you bookmarked the link.

this could be something temporary we could hope
or we could wait for livestream to die off for making such awful decisions.
doodee doo. competitors will laugh.

Last edited by imtiredofhavinganame; 7th February 2012 at 02:23.
Old 7th February 2012, 09:38

I agree with this. I have the "live now - art & creativity" page bookmarked so I can randomly come and watch people draw, but now I can't find such a page anywhere. Guess I won't be watching livestreams anymore.

And no I didn't try logging in, because I'm not going to log in to watch streams. Not as long as I can't change my chat name.
Old 7th February 2012, 15:17

It's absolutely awful right now. The whole telling me who to follow without me actually allowed to go out and FIND people who draw interest is just stupid for starters. No I'm not going to follow someone from a tiny selective list just because they feed you a ton of money.

Search bar and catagories gone too? Really? Bravo seriously. You've done an amazing job so far of killing any individuality and uniqueness to the site
Old 7th February 2012, 16:52

Thumbs down what???

what the hell is this rubbish. I am a gamer here to watch some game streams, then get told I should follow fashion channels............. i really don't get this, I cant watch anything that I normally come here to see.
Old 7th February 2012, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunoflare View Post
I agree with this. I have the "live now - art & creativity" page bookmarked so I can randomly come and watch people draw, but now I can't find such a page anywhere. Guess I won't be watching livestreams anymore.

And no I didn't try logging in, because I'm not going to log in to watch streams. Not as long as I can't change my chat name.
That's exactly what I did, actually. Just went straight to that category list.

I did log in. There is no search, there is no category browser. I simply cannot find it, and can only assume it doesn't exist. I am very confused why they would gimp their own site like this. Maybe the people posting in this thread are the only ones who used that feature?

I came here hoping to find a solution to this issue, but it looks like there isn't one. So right now, the only way to find a stream that isn't on the front page (near as I can tell, there's only one on the front page that's actually live right now) is to get a direct link from someone's Twitter or other external page.

There is a feedback link on the main page of Livestream. I've sent them some (polite) feedback. The fact they'll email you if someone you're following starts streaming is great. Unfortunately, I can't find the people I used to watch all the time as I can't browse.
Old 7th February 2012, 21:31

Default Just terrible

No search function? The people at Livestream must have had lunch with the people at Netflix a few months back to come up with this "brilliant" idea! Hopefully like Netflix, Livestream will realize they made a mistake and fix this before they loose too many users.

Did you ever hear of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"? What were you guys thinking?
Old 8th February 2012, 01:13

Exclamation All the functionality that has been lost with the redesign/option to use old design

Most importantly the Search Bar and Guide. Also the ability to do anything at all without being logged in. A site that asks for registration without showing off any functionality will not draw in the casual viewer.

When I saw the "new livestream experience" I was ok with it because I figured this functionality would be added in before it was made the primary livestream experence. What is being showcased as livestream right now is crippled and useless to anyone who doesn't find appeal in the 22 suggested livestreams.

Please don't leave livestream like this, I know what streams here I like but I know newer viewers will never come if you don't give them the tools to actually explore the site.

Tags
accounts deleted, free channels, old version