Old 28th March 2010, 23:01

Default ~~Procaster "Game" mode Problem~~

I apologize if this issue has already been reported/answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere on livestream forums.

I'm trying to stream the Starcraft 2 Beta game w/ Procaster. I know many people use procaster to stream this game... but for me, the "Game" mode of Procaster does not seem to recognize it. With the game open, fullscreen, I try to go live and it still gives me the message:

"To begin game casting, please open a DirectX or OpenGL game and press CTRL+F1"

I have a friend who has the same problem too, so its not just me. And "Screen" mode is a bad alternative because it makes my game laggy and the stream flashes/blinks constantly.

Please help.
Old 28th March 2010, 23:56

Same problem, please assist.
Old 29th March 2010, 00:03

found the answer in the FAQ section of this forum. Nevermind!
Old 29th March 2010, 02:05

At least yours works mine just crashes my game right when i start it then it freezes my pc...
Old 28th April 2010, 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan977th View Post
At least yours works mine just crashes my game right when i start it then it freezes my pc...
This also happens to me. I'll start procaster then start SC2 and I'll see the green icon in the left corner of my screen..SC2 then proceeds to not load and I have to end the process via task manager.

I am running at 1920x1080, I'm not sure if this is the problem with procaster.

Otherwise,

Edit: OS - Windows 7 64bit
i7 3.3gHz
GTX 295 (Latest Drivers)
Corsair 6gB DDR 3

SC2 works flawlessly w/o Procaster running.
I do play in Fullscreen windowed mode, I have tried running procaster with SC2 in Full screen 1920x1080 and also another resolution. Neither worked, I'm really stumped on why my machine keeps freezing SC2 when I see various other streams and casts going on using procaster.

Please help!!

On I side note..I do have two screens, but I do not feel that should be the problem.

Last edited by Nadroj; 28th April 2010 at 13:19. Reason: Forgot OS
Old 2nd May 2010, 16:07

I have this same issue as well, except that I can't even load task manager or any other Windows System related functions (cmd, start menu, alt-tab, etc) while it's frozen. Other applications such as firefox work fine if they were already open. I have to ctrl-alt-del and force logout/restart before things work again.

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz)
GPU: NVidia Geforce 9800GTX+
Ram: 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

This only happens in game mode with the DirectX hook. SC2 works fine without Procaster. Procaster works fine in screen mode. I also have 2 monitors. Sometimes SC2 will load and I can play, but all my Windows functions are still broken and I can't exit the game or procaster without rebooting.
Old 2nd May 2010, 23:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincesc View Post

CPU: Intel Core i7 920 (2.67 GHz)
GPU: NVidia Geforce 9800GTX+
Ram: 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
Interesting, the only difference are our GPU and possibly the monitor sizes. As much as it sucks, I'm glad to see I'm not the only person with this problem.

Recognition would be nice from the pro caster support team - Been a few days since I last posted my problem.

Edit: Quick link to further look at my PC specs.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1164032

Last edited by Nadroj; 3rd May 2010 at 00:06.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:09
Livestream Procaster Support

Hello all,

Game casting at this point in time is only supported with one monitor setups. It is the way procaster addresses the game hooking, and the multi monitor. I will notify the development team and see if we can put out a fix in a future version.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfrans View Post
Hello all,

Game casting at this point in time is only supported with one monitor setups. It is the way procaster addresses the game hooking, and the multi monitor. I will notify the development team and see if we can put out a fix in a future version.
Thanks man.
Old 29th May 2010, 13:36

Exclamation still have a problem

i only have one moniter but when i try to lauch a game to stream it, it still says go into a direct x or open GL game to start game casting.i do as it says but the mesage pops up again. i have tried it on games like left 4 dead, team fortress 2, andgmod