Old 7th February 2012, 17:04

Default best video format to uplaod in HQ

Hi,
Which is the best video format to upload a video in HQ ?
Because if the File is bigger than the 1 GB capacity to uplaod I have to reduce it, but the image quality reduces the same and I want to show to my audience the best quality
Thanks
Old 8th February 2012, 10:07
Livestream Producer Support

makiavello,

If you're uploading to your premium channel, the best quality option would be a 1280x720 resolution with a video bit rate no higher than 1575kbps and an audio bit rate no higher than 128kbps, encoded with the VP6 codec as an flv file. If the file is encoded at these specifications, you can configure your channel this way (HD 1700kbps) and use the 'use uploaded file as master' option to save some time on the transcoding process.

If you don't need to be at HD settings, I suggest using the channel setting of High H.264 Beta 700kbps and uploading your clips as an mp4 file, with a video bit rate of 600kbps and an audio bit rate of 96kbps, using H.264 and AAC codecs for video and audio respectively, and a resolution of no larger than 640x480. This will reduce the size of your file without sacrificing too much quality, as well as make it compatible for mobile devices.

Free channels are limited to upload settings of 400kbps video and 64kbps audio and a resolution of no larger than 480x360 as an flv file. You can learn more about these settings at the following URL: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...wn_Video_Clips

Tags
format, quality, video