Old 13th January 2012, 11:32

Default beginner streaming help

I work for NatureServe, a conservation non-profit, and we're interested in streaming some upcoming conferences and events.

I'd like to know if anyone has found an inexpensive way to stream from a Canon Vixia HF200 or similar HDMI-equipped camcorder. Unfortunately, a Teradek Cube is a bit out of our price range at the moment.

We'd like to be able to stream from a desktop as well as a camera, but I'm having an issue when streaming the desktop with Procaster: it shows the whole desktop window but then reflects increasingly small, identical windows into infinity (like a mirror-in-a-mirror effect on the whole window). I can include a picture of what I'm talking about if it helps.

Thanks so much for the help.
Old 13th January 2012, 14:27
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatureServe View Post
I work for NatureServe, a conservation non-profit, and we're interested in streaming some upcoming conferences and events.

I'd like to know if anyone has found an inexpensive way to stream from a Canon Vixia HF200 or similar HDMI-equipped camcorder. Unfortunately, a Teradek Cube is a bit out of our price range at the moment.

We'd like to be able to stream from a desktop as well as a camera, but I'm having an issue when streaming the desktop with Procaster: it shows the whole desktop window but then reflects increasingly small, identical windows into infinity (like a mirror-in-a-mirror effect on the whole window). I can include a picture of what I'm talking about if it helps.

Thanks so much for the help.
Hello,

In order to use your Canon HF200, you will need one of the following:

-Black Magic Intensity Pro internal capture card
- Canopus ADVC 110 external Firewire Capture device

About the mirroring you mentioned: If you are using Mac OS X, all of the Procaster windows will also be captured when broadcasting your screen. If you are viewing the Preview window in Procaster or your channel page, you will see this issue occur. Minimizing the preview would Resolve this. You can also adjust the size of the capture area by selecting the Zoom In or Zoom Out buttons on the bottom from of the Procaster Control Bar.

More information on how to use Procaster can be found here: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

Tags
beginner, canon hf, desktop, hdmi, inexpensive