Old 20th December 2011, 18:26

Default combining a mobile device with a DV camera

I am new to Livestream and reading through the various FAQs and manuals. From what I am reading, it appears that I can set up my iPad or iPhone to stream a wide shot and then use my DV camera for closeups and the like, and control which is visible in my stream from Procaster. Is this correct?

2nd question: In this scenario, can I keep my sound coming from my DV camera even when my video is coming from the mobile device?

3rd question: My upload speed appears to be in the range of 1200 to 1440 kb/s. Is that sufficient for two devices?
Old 21st December 2011, 11:27
Livestream Producer Support

danbryant,

You should be able to use Qik on your iPad for one source and your DV cam as a secondary source. You'd then be able to switch between the two from within Studio however I should note there will be some latency when using this method. You would not be able to maintain the audio when switching from device to device. You should be able to stream with your given upload bandwidth.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 14th August 2012, 10:35

I have an ipad and I want to connect a camcorder to it and then livestream the feed (incl. audio) from the camcorder. Is this possible? Frankly, I'm having difficulty with two basic things:
1. How can a camcorder be connected to an ipad?
2. How can I use the ipad like a computer -- i.e. just for wifi to pass the stream along to livestream/qik?
Old 15th August 2012, 11:16
Livestream Producer Support

kkatowll,

The iPad cannot be used with a camera as an encoding device with our service. However, our iOS app for New Livestream, Livestream for Producers, will allow you to stream directly from your iPad.

Tags
dv camera, ipad, mobile