Old 16th December 2011, 23:44

Default Problem with Audioredirecto 32 on install.

I used a old version since a time ago. Today I installed the new version (20.2.28) Everything was ok, until the instaling stops with a error message.

"error on this step of the install: Run postupgrade script for procasteraudioredirector 32"

Now I cannot open procaster and when I try to reinstall it, the same error appears again and again. I read other topics about delete LPAudioRedirector on library/extensions/ but the file is not there. what can I do?
Old 17th December 2011, 11:23
Livestream Procaster Support

Hi Genzoman, can you find the directory library/extensions or can't you find LPAudioRedirector?

If you can't find the library/extensions folder, press shift+cmd+g in the finder, and then type /system this is a hidden directory.

If you can't find LPAudioRedirector, try finding ProcasterAudioRedirector.

If you can't find them, restart and install procaster at that point, if it still doesn't work, please reply back with which mac version you have, so we can do some more support.
Old 17th December 2011, 11:50

Hi there RonaldH!

I cant find LPAudioRedirector into the system/library/extensions folder, the file is not there. I find ProcasterAudioRedirector, then I delete it. I restarted a couple of times but the problem is still there, along with the error message.

My mac is a MacBook Pro 2.53 Ghz core 2 duo, running OSX 10.5.8
Old 17th December 2011, 15:28

Genzoman, I am sorry that you are experiencing this problem:

could you try the following:
1) remove the LivestreamAudioRedirector by moving it to the trash
2) remove procaster by moving it to the trash
3) clean out the trash
4) reboot
5) intsall procaster again, if it gives an error, try to see if procaster is installed. if procaster is installed, check if you can start it and see if Desktop Audio is there.

Let me know if you succeeded, and if not, what happened.
Old 22nd December 2011, 03:37

Exclamation Procaster will not install due to "procasteraudioredirector32"

I download the file fine and it mostly installs except for this one area. The exact message is: "The following install step failed: run (preupgrade/postupgrade) script for procasteraudioredirector32. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."I saw a small comment on this in another thread and tried all that they were given but my issue has not resolved. If anyone is able to help me, thanks in advance.
-3mesofdoom
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:15
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3mesofdoom View Post
I download the file fine and it mostly installs except for this one area. The exact message is: "The following install step failed: run (preupgrade/postupgrade) script for procasteraudioredirector32. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."I saw a small comment on this in another thread and tried all that they were given but my issue has not resolved. If anyone is able to help me, thanks in advance.
-3mesofdoom
3mesofdoom,

Have you tried these following steps?

- Open Finder
- Press Shift+Cmd+G
- When the Go To Folder window appears, type /System
- In the System folder, navigate to the Library folder, then Extensions folder
- Move ProcasterAudioRedirector32 (or LivestreamAudioRedirector) to the trash
- Move the Procaster application to the trash
- Clean out the trash bin
- Reboot your machine
- Install Procaster again

Please let me know if this solves the problem.

Ernie
Livestream Support
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:31

Neither are in the extensions folder and there is no Procaster application either. Nothing's installed, it's my first time trying to stream.
Old 22nd December 2011, 19:30

Default Same problem

I'm having the same problem with installing procaster for the first time. It tells me there's a problem with procasteraudioredirector32 and then the install fails. I've followed the instructions given about trashing the files and then rebooting but I still get the same error when I try to install again.
Old 2nd January 2012, 17:37

You can download the latest version (20.2.36), we rewrote the way the installer installs the audio redirector.

Fixes:
-Stability
-Audio driver fixed (now for all version old to the latest version, snow leopard and Lion confirmed)
You can download the version from http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20.2.36.pkg
Old 7th January 2012, 02:01

Unhappy

I'm still having the same problem except now instead of "audioredirector32" it says "procasteraudioredirector." I actually did go back through the version history though and downloaded and attempted installation until one installed. I couldn't say what version now, though. However, while it works, when I play music while streaming my audience can hear it but I can't.

Tags
audio, installation problems, problem install