Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Mac

Closed Thread

Old 19th December 2011, 11:16

Default Audio changing pitch.

Ever since the 20.2.28 update the audio that I stream changes pitch randomly. It's as if the bpm of the song is increased, then decreased, then increased, then decreased. I can hear it and so can my viewers. Is there a temporary solution for this problem? I can't find any audio settings that may be causing the audio pitch change.

Oh, and this happened time to time when I try turning on my mic my computer creates a very loud earsplitting beep. It occurred whenever I turn off the mic. It hasn't happened now but I found it odd.

Mac OS X 10.7.2 (11C74)
iMac 24" Early 2009
Old 19th December 2011, 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
@almascots can you send in your log files of your crash?
You can save the log files with the following matter:
-Navigate to the Livestream Procaster application within your "Applications" folder
-Right click on it and select "Show Package Contents"
-Right click on the "Resources" folder and select "Compress 'Resources'"
-Attach the compressed file to an email and send it to procaster@livestream.com .

Then, you could go back to a previous version with a download from this link: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/?title=Mac_Release
Done! Sent this just a few minutes ago.
Old 19th December 2011, 14:37

Quote:
@MickyKay can we set up a remote session so we can check what is wrong, and leopard is no longer supported.

@lsccmedia sorry for you having problems, we try several different mac version, including a mac pro, which osx version do you have? Could you send your log files to procaster@livestream.com together with your input devices?
You can save your logs by going into the settings, and then in the video tab click on save logs. (Logs get cleared between install, so let it crash first, then save the log files).
Okay well I got it to install on lion, but I can't get the audio to work. i installed soundflower and all but the audio redirector option doesn't show up. are there possibly other mac programs available?
Old 19th December 2011, 16:38
Livestream Procaster Support

@almascots, received, we will keep in touch.

@MickyMay, we might have a solution for you, could you try this version? http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20.2.29.pkg
Old 20th December 2011, 08:42

Default audio problems?

Ever since the install Procaster will freeze and become completely unresponsive while trying to start streaming at "Grabbing Audio" part. The same will happen when when I open the Audio Mixer from the preferences.

Also, the ProcasterAudioredirector won't disappear from my devices for audio input and output anymore. I installed the 20.2 version again it but would not recognize the internal speaks as output device anymore.

I'm on a MacBook Pro with a 2.5 GHz Core 2 Dou and 4 GB of RAM, running OSX 10.7.2, if that helps any.
Old 20th December 2011, 09:37

Tygon, could you try the 20.2.29 version? http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20.2.29.pkg else I will provide extensive uninstall instructions to remove and restore like before.
Old 20th December 2011, 13:38

Quote:
Tygon, could you try the 20.2.29 version? http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20.2.29.pkg else I will provide extensive uninstall instructions to remove and restore like before.
Okay, I tried it. Unfortunately the problem remains unchanged.
Old 24th December 2011, 17:01

Unhappy Uninstall .. and more

It should not install on machines in the first place. Hire people to build the correct code.

You also bury an uninstall app in the extensions folder where it should not be.

There should be a uninstall option in the installer.

Who writes this crap?

Hire a Mac professional.

Also .. there are issues with audio and Lion.

It should be posted on your web site.
Old 2nd January 2012, 16:31

Release Version 20.2.36 of Procaster

Fixes:
-Stability
-Audio driver fixed (now for all version old to the latest version, snow leopard and Lion confirmed)
You can download the version from here!
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:45

Default Procaster Hates Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyKay View Post
I have both a Mac 10.5.8 and a 10.7.1 and the installation worked on neither. I tried rebooting and everything. It kept saying there were problems with the procaster audio redirector 32.

Whole message:

The following install step failed: run postupgrade script for procasteraudioredirector32. Contact the software manager for assistance.
I'm having the same problem
And I'm on a Mac OS X
V. 10.5.8
Closed Thread