Old 16th December 2011, 19:40
Livestream Procaster Support

Default Procaster 20.2.50 Release (modified 2012-02-09)

In this thread you will find the latest beta versions of Procaster PC

You can still get to your accounts here: http://www.livestream.com/login and you can still stream to the original platform with no problems!

We released a new Public version, more information here: http://www.livestream.com/forum/show...1355#post31355

MAC VERSION - 20.2.50:
Release notes:
-Audio issues fixed (bad audio at 2400Hz or a multiplication of this number)
-Audio quality improved (increased Bitrate at high and HD qualities)
-DV Camera's issues fixed where you can only open it once
-Matrox -Updated compatibility, Now has a more user friendly selection
-Fixed issue where the Audio of DV camera's and the Matrox got mixed up.
-Fixed some disconnections on some ISPs when you muted the audio
-Increased stability

New Bandwidth requirements:
For Stereo:
mobile: 198Kbps
Normal: 446Kbps
Medium + Mobile: 876Kbps
High+Medium+Mobile: 2632Kbps
HD+Medium+Mobile: 3196Kbps
HD+High+Medium+Mobile: 4952Kbps
Optimized gaming mode: 969Kbps

For Mono:
mobile: 174Kbps
Normal: 446Kbps
Medium + Mobile: 788Kbps
High+Medium+Mobile: 2416Kbps
HD+Medium+Mobile: 2948Kbps
HD+High+Medium+Mobile: 4576Kbps
Optimized gaming mode: 648Kbps

You can download the version here: http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...er-20.2.50.pkg

Version 20.2.39 of Procaster

Fixes:
-Stability
-Audio driver fixed (now for all version old to the latest version, snow leopard and Lion confirmed)

Version 20.2.28 of Procaster

-At last, a rock solid version of Livestream Procaster for OSX that is far more stable than 20.2.0
-A fix for crashes caused by a variety of issues including a memory leak
-An increase of the overal performance
-Don't worry, you don't have to restart your Mac after installing this update
-Experimental support for the following new certified devices:
--Blackmagic Design Intensity Extreme (Thunderbolt device)
--Blackmagic Design Ultrastudio 3D (Thunderbolt device)
--Blackmagic Design H.264 Pro Recorder (USB 2.0 Device - works on older Mac laptops)
--Matrox MX02 Product Line
-Coming soon: A version of Livestream Procaster for OSX version (20.3) which will be released in early January 2012 with full support of HDMI and HD-SDI devices for laptops

Last edited by RonaldH; 17th February 2012 at 16:28. Reason: Version 20.2.50
Old 17th December 2011, 01:07

Exclamation Love the idea!

I love the idea of a more stable Mac compatible Procaster, however, Installation failed - twice. I would appreciate help in getting the newer version installed.

Or I could go back to the version before the one I have been using for about a month. I have been having too many problems with the last version.

Could we get something a bit slimmer - in use of system resources? I love high quality, but when I am using more than 80% of CPU, it doesn't matter how high the resolution is! Would it be possible to cut CPU usage on the Procaster end? I am already closing down all optional programs on my end.

Thanks for a great idea and mostly excellent execution.

annelark
Old 17th December 2011, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by anneLark View Post
I love the idea of a more stable Mac compatible Procaster, however, Installation failed - twice. I would appreciate help in getting the newer version installed.

Or I could go back to the version before the one I have been using for about a month. I have been having too many problems with the last version.

Could we get something a bit slimmer - in use of system resources? I love high quality, but when I am using more than 80% of CPU, it doesn't matter how high the resolution is! Would it be possible to cut CPU usage on the Procaster end? I am already closing down all optional programs on my end.

Thanks for a great idea and mostly excellent execution.

annelark
Hi Annelark, can you remove procaster (move it to the trash and clear the trash), reboot and try installing it again, to see if that helped?

This version has several improvements on the CPU utilization and we try to constantly improve it and researching ways to decrease the CPU usage. Could you report back with which mac you have?
Old 17th December 2011, 19:13

Default Same here

I have both a Mac 10.5.8 and a 10.7.1 and the installation worked on neither. I tried rebooting and everything. It kept saying there were problems with the procaster audio redirector 32.

Whole message:

The following install step failed: run postupgrade script for procasteraudioredirector32. Contact the software manager for assistance.
Old 18th December 2011, 10:43

Thumbs down Completely Froze after 2 reinstalls and reboots

"Highly Recommend Update"
"rock solid"
"Don't worry, you don't have to restart your Mac after installing this update"

Basically "install it now." Well I did and nearly lost a broadcast.

The "rock solid" update immediately froze after I selected view input sources. I was forced to use the force quit command to regain control. Upon relaunch the program asked if I would like to restore windows from a previous session. This window screen of the "rock solid" update immediately froze the program. After a worry-less "unnecessary" reboot... Program still locked up, so I reinstalled and rebooted just for good measure AND still froze. So finally I found the old unstable, shaky, basically unusable version or you would think from the description of this new update. And some how managed to stream 5 hours of content in HD, High quality, Med quality, low quality, and Mobile simultaneously without issue. Guess I just dogged a bullet...

How about this Livestream, how about next time you release an update, you don't describe as the "god" of updates, unless it actually is divine. And don't EVER used car salesman me into an update again.

MAC PRO 8core 2.93Ghz 32GB RAM, NVIDIA QUADRO FX4800 (yeah, doubt it was performance issue...)
Old 18th December 2011, 12:20

@MickyKay can we set up a remote session so we can check what is wrong, and leopard is no longer supported.

@lsccmedia sorry for you having problems, we try several different mac version, including a mac pro, which osx version do you have? Could you send your log files to procaster@livestream.com together with your input devices?
You can save your logs by going into the settings, and then in the video tab click on save logs. (Logs get cleared between install, so let it crash first, then save the log files).
Old 18th December 2011, 18:39

Default MacOSX Lion - Application Quit Unexpectedly

Hi - after upgrading to the latest release 20.2.28 - the application will no longer open, essentially breaking the install.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:31

@almascots can you send in your log files of your crash?
You can save the log files with the following matter:
-Navigate to the Livestream Procaster application within your "Applications" folder
-Right click on it and select "Show Package Contents"
-Right click on the "Resources" folder and select "Compress 'Resources'"
-Attach the compressed file to an email and send it to procaster@livestream.com .

Then, you could go back to a previous version with a download from this link: http://www.livestream.com/userguide/?title=Mac_Release
Old 19th December 2011, 11:05

Unhappy No signal from the camera

Still having a problem that was also in 20.2.22. This latest version-20.2.28 doesn't connect to our camera. I get the "lost signal" graphic instead. I can broadcast the desktop. I look in procaster preferences under the video/ cropping tab and I can see the video from the camera. So the video signal is getting to the computer

We're using a Mac Pro running Snow Leopard in the 32 bit mode. The camera, a Cannon HV40 (VIXIA HV40-certified says the Procaster camera choice) works just fine when we run 20.2 and 20.0.89. I rolled it back to those versions just to make sure there wasn't something else wrong.

Last edited by uptake; 19th December 2011 at 11:06. Reason: clarity
Old 19th December 2011, 11:12
Livestream Producer Support

@uptake,

Can you confirm what your camera is set to. HDV or DV? Procaster does not do HDV. I look forward to your response.
Closed Thread