Old 28th March 2009, 12:43

Default New player design and embedding suggestions - Opacity menu :)

Hey guys,

I was chatting with my Overclocking-TV mate (Xyala) as we're doing lot of 'Overclcoking and Extrem Cooling" related broadcast we though about something...

Why not changing the design of the player ? haveing on ON/OFF button is good but button + every button in the bottom of the stream make it more "big" to the "viewers"...

it'as like having the "player" displayed on the page, and video(live) displayed in the player than diaplaying live on a webpage...

It can be confusing I appologize but can't explain it actually xD it's more a feeling about the player

Why not using menu in opacity on the video ?

example : you wanna stream a live / video that is 640*480 (4:3 ratio) then you player will be 650*480px size.

Extra 10px is for 'little" icons, like the one we have atm : viewers count / live or not / chat / Sound mute or level / Menu etc...

Then when you click on Menu or anything else that need more information you got and opacity menu 'on the video' then make you choice

This is for design, also allowing wich color is the player would be PERFECT I usually change the design, something grey (no preoblem ), sometime FULL blue: White and having the grey player is kind of difficult to implement inside the "global design"...

Last thing is about the embedding code it use javascript to generate the player code right ?

If it's fully "flash" based an nothing "external" like AJAX request or stuff like than is involved why not using an embed code "object" to embed it ?

Best regards,
Trouffman
Old 30th March 2009, 14:07

I made a mistake posting in this section if and admin can move it it'll be perfect
Old 31st March 2009, 21:07

The script itself uses a modified version of SWFObject 1.5 that is run from Mogulus' webserver, it contains all the variables, parameters, HTML and JavaScript code to make the player display.
Old 4th April 2009, 11:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamnet View Post
The script itself uses a modified version of SWFObject 1.5 that is run from Mogulus' webserver, it contains all the variables, parameters, HTML and JavaScript code to make the player display.
Yep that's why i asked