Old 27th November 2011, 11:54

Default Procaster stopped streaming when I didn't know about it.

Hey, just two issues I wanted to bring up. I've been wanting to stream games, and I've had trouble with two of them that you might be able to look over.

The first is a game called Poker Night at the Inventory. As far as I know, I'd been recording the whole time, but the video never uploaded onto my channel. Furthermore, the video is in my On Demand, but it has 0 mb of data. Does it mean it never got uploaded?

Secondly, I tried playing Splinter Cell Conviction and streaming that. Outside of the video gameplay being a bit choppy, which is something that you could probably help me with, the game also randomly stopped recording about 4 and a half minutes into my gameplay, which is weird because it says the whole video is at least 5 minutes long, and even more curious because I'd actually been playing for at least a half hour or so. You can check out my channel and see for yourself the video in question.

Can you let me know why these issues have been happening?

http://www.livestream.com/warriorofzarona
Old 28th November 2011, 12:44
Livestream Producer Support

WarriorofZarona,

We'll need to know further information on your system to know if it meets the minimum system specs to successfully stream game play. Could you please let us know the following info on your system:

CPU, RAM, Video card
Operating system
Procaster version - can be found be opening preferences and clicking "i" at the top right-hand corner
Results of a test run at speedtest.net with your destination set to New York, NY

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 30th November 2011, 08:52

I'm using Vista Ultimate 64-bit OS with Intel Core 2 DUO CPU, P7450 @ 2.13 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M

Procaster Version: 20.2.0

SpeedTest: The website is different now? I can't seem to grab an embed result for you, but here's what I got:

Ping:14ms
Download Speed: 10.23 Mbps
Upload Speed: 4.18 Mbps

Edit: Second test on speedtest.com

Last edited by WarriorofZarona; 30th November 2011 at 09:18.
Old 30th November 2011, 12:31

Please try upgrading to the latest beta version of Procaster and let us know if you still experience problems, it is available for download at the following section of our forum:

http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7604

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 1st December 2011, 00:20

All right, so I downloaded the newest version of Procaster, and tried streaming Splinter Cell Conviction and I'm running into the exact same problems.

I had the HUD out this time to see what was causing the problem. Firstly, it looks like the stream CPU is fluctuating above 80%. I tried closing some apps and it didn't seem to work. Secondly, the stream stops, and it tells me because I have poor internet connection and that I had to lower my bandwidth.

It only seems to happen when I'm playing Conviction. What would be the best way to optimize the stream?

Edit: You can watch the videos that I have on my channel. It seemed to have stopped about 3-4 times, each time I caught and restarted the stream. I had one viewer who helped me through as the stream went on, letting me know when a stream stopped, or how the fps looked.

Last edited by WarriorofZarona; 1st December 2011 at 10:20.
Old 1st December 2011, 11:28

Unfortunately there isn't much we can recommend other then upgrading your system, based on your current system specs you would only be able to encode at mobile/normal and that is without game play, which is very CPU intensive.

Matt
Livestream Support