Old 21st November 2011, 14:20

Default Shooting live music event setup

Thanks for the help!

I am setting up a shoot for a live music event at a church.

The shoot is going to use 3 cameras with a separate audio setup for the music.

Will the following setup work?

3 mac computers each with a black magic intensity pro video card hooked up to a panosonic HPX.
Each computer would run procaster to capture the stream.
A fourth laptop will run livestream studio for the camera switching.

In regards to audio can I run the feed from the soundboard (probally digidesign board) directly into the main computer running livestream studio and overlay that audio feed into the shoot?

I only want the audio from one separate source not from the cameras.

Thanks want to make sure this is the proper setup before i go out and rent the gear.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:29
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindemko View Post
Thanks for the help!

I am setting up a shoot for a live music event at a church.

The shoot is going to use 3 cameras with a separate audio setup for the music.

Will the following setup work?

3 mac computers each with a black magic intensity pro video card hooked up to a panosonic HPX.
Each computer would run procaster to capture the stream.
A fourth laptop will run livestream studio for the camera switching.

In regards to audio can I run the feed from the soundboard (probally digidesign board) directly into the main computer running livestream studio and overlay that audio feed into the shoot?

I only want the audio from one separate source not from the cameras.

Thanks want to make sure this is the proper setup before i go out and rent the gear.
Justin,

Your best bet would be to get a HD Audio/Video switcher and output that content into a computer with a Black Magic HD capture card via HD-SDI or HDMI. Many of our users have successfully integrated the NewTek Tricaster into their HD setup. You may want to look into the options there.
Old 21st November 2011, 14:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_live View Post
Justin,

Your best bet would be to get a HD Audio/Video switcher and output that content into a computer with a Black Magic HD capture card via HD-SDI or HDMI. Many of our users have successfully integrated the NewTek Tricaster into their HD setup. You may want to look into the options there.
Thanks for the quick response. Im thinking that option will be over my budget. Can livestream studio recognize a separate audio stream?
Example: setup an additional laptop with a hd audio card and run the audio feed into that laptop then use that audio for the main stream audio through studio. Will procaster recognize an audio only stream?

thanks!
Old 21st November 2011, 14:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by justindemko View Post
Thanks for the quick response. Im thinking that option will be over my budget. Can livestream studio recognize a separate audio stream?
Example: setup an additional laptop with a hd audio card and run the audio feed into that laptop then use that audio for the main stream audio through studio. Will procaster recognize an audio only stream?

thanks!
Unfortunately, The studio will only use the audio of the source that is currently Live. I would recommend splitting the main audio and inputting that into each camera in order to maintain the same audio stream throughout. Please note that when switching via the studio you will encounter some latency between the camera feeds which will result in repeating and/or missed audio at times.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:31

ok great thanks for the help!
Old 8th May 2012, 13:04

Default Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_live View Post
Unfortunately, The studio will only use the audio of the source that is currently Live. I would recommend splitting the main audio and inputting that into each camera in order to maintain the same audio stream throughout. Please note that when switching via the studio you will encounter some latency between the camera feeds which will result in repeating and/or missed audio at times.

Maybe this post is just outdated, but the Procaster software has an Audio Mixer and looks like it will accept multiple devices connected to the computer that is running Procaster. Am I wrong?
Old 8th May 2012, 15:14

neverendingsearch,

You are correct in your assumption, however the users in this thread were specifically asking about maintaining a master audio level when switching between multiple sources within Livestream Studio.

Matt
Livestream Support