Old 18th November 2011, 15:00

Exclamation Mute Mac Audio while recording

I have a problem: When I hit the record button of Procaster, suddenly my Mac switches the Audio Output from Line-Out to the INTERNAL SPEAKER (built into the tower). But I donít want to hear it, I just want to hear the stream as other people see and hear it from the browser, so I know what my audience sees.

Now if it played the sound normally through Line-Out, I could just turn down the volume of my amplifyer but the only way to turn down the volume of the internal speaker, which I never use, is to turn down the volume in the operating system, which means no sound for my audience/stream.

Is this a bug or is there a reason why it switches to the internal speaker and how can I prevent this from happening? Thank you!

Mac Pro, Snow Leopard
Old 19th November 2011, 12:01
Livestream

scrob,

You should be able to select your audio sources through Procaster's audio mixer [Preferences > AUDIO tab > Open Audio Mixer]. You can find more information here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...itle=Procaster

Please let us know if you have any difficulty.

Best,
Jason
Old 21st November 2011, 08:03

The problem I have is that there seems to be no separate option for input and output. The moment I select Audio Speaker as Input, my Mac switches to the Internal Speaker as output. In my System Preferences it is listed as "Adiodirector". The only way to make it shut up is to change the output but then Procaster doesnít record the computer Audio.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:03
Livestream Producer Support

scrob,

You can monitor your broadcast volume on Procaster from the audio mixer. Within the mixer you'll see the button to engage "headphone monitor," which I believe is what you're inquiring about.

Matt
Old 5th December 2011, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
scrob,

You can monitor your broadcast volume on Procaster from the audio mixer. Within the mixer you'll see the button to engage "headphone monitor," which I believe is what you're inquiring about.

Matt
Actually I donít see that option. Where exactly is it?
http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...steraudio2.png

Thanks!
Old 6th December 2011, 17:00

This feature is only available on the newest beta releases of Procaster. You can download both the Windows and Mac versions from the Procaster sections of the forum.

Matt
Livestream Support
Old 29th January 2014, 18:35

Default Monitor program audio without lag

I want to hear the real time audio without delay. I have playback through headphones checked but I am getting the delayed audio that my viewers hear. I want to hear the audio live as I am mixing. It doesn't help me mix when I am mixing on a 5 second delay.

Tags
audio, mac, macintosh, osx, problem