Old 25th September 2011, 08:10

Default Recording Problems

So I just finished up a long stream (thought I finally got the hang of this, third times the charm and all that) and after stopping and saving the stream I closed out of Procaster as it didn't seem to be doing anything. Now checking my Studio, I see the title that I set for what I just finished, but the timer bar shows nothing, and there don't appear to be any clips available for it. So my question is, did me closing it immediately afterward affect anything? Since it was a long stream (around 4ish hours I believe) is it just taking longer to show up as available in my studio? Am I just doomed to not be able to show anyone any of the longer streams I've recorded (short test streams work just fine), lol.

I've tried searching for info on this but to no avail, any answers?

EDIT: Just in case they're needed, my config settings are as follows:

LIVESTREAM:
Live - checked
On Demand - checked
Auto-Record - checked
Enable anti-lag - checked

VIDEO:
No Cam
Encoder - H.264 Advanced
512x288 px
Target FR - Device rate checked
Target BR - 350
Keyframes - 60

Last edited by ScrollOfDrasticAlcoholism; 25th September 2011 at 08:16. Reason: Added config settings.
Old 25th September 2011, 20:25
Livestream

ScrollOfDrasticAlcoholism,

Closing Procaster after you've saved the stream shouldn't have caused any issues.

If the stream is still missing, it sounds like this may've been a recording failure. Recording failures often happen because of connection issues - we recommend streaming from a dedicated, wired connection if possible. Recordings can also fail occasionally for reasons outside of our control. This generally happens less than 2% of the time. We're always working to improve this, but it's best to back up your streams by recording a local copy to your hard drive. This is something you can do with Procaster:
-Go to the Desktop tab of Procaster's preferences
-Check off the option to "Save video to file"

If you're using a newer version of Procaster (20.2+), recording locally is enabled by default. In this case, you'll be able to upload or re-stream the video file.

Best,
Jason
Old 25th September 2011, 21:48

Default Librarie do not record video

why why dont understand live podcaster in preference chek in record to libraries but no video can be seen in it
Old 25th September 2011, 22:02

Jason

That's what I thought too, that's why it seemed so strange that everything seemed to save fine on my end yet no clips show up in my studio. Oh well, lesson learned and I'll make sure it's always backed up on my hard drive. Thanks for the help!
Old 26th September 2011, 06:46

Exclamation Same issue different computer and connection.

Just tried to do a quick test broadcast to show a friend how the whole thing works (on a different computer and obviously at a different location.) Same issue as last time, nothing uploaded to the studio except the created storyboard. The video saved to my hard drive fine this time as I made sure to double check that it was set to save locally, but for some reason nothing is going to the studio. Now I'm really confused as to what the issue could be. All Procaster settings are the same between both computers, but they're both having the same issue. Is there something I'm missing?

EDIT: Just to clarify, when using only Procaster, I shouldn't need to use anything else to get my stream to record to the studio correct, or do I need to cue everything up in my studio and force it to record from there as well (which is what I did to continue testing this issue, and that of course, works fine. However, having to have my browser open as well will really eat up CPU)?

Last edited by ScrollOfDrasticAlcoholism; 26th September 2011 at 08:14. Reason: Additional info
Old 27th September 2011, 14:38
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrollOfDrasticAlcoholism View Post
Just to clarify, when using only Procaster, I shouldn't need to use anything else to get my stream to record to the studio correct, or do I need to cue everything up in my studio and force it to record from there as well (which is what I did to continue testing this issue, and that of course, works fine. However, having to have my browser open as well will really eat up CPU)?
We actually had a brief issue that caused channels to not properly transition to live streams, as seen in this thread:
http://www.livestream.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7895

We have since rolled out a fix. It sounds like this was the issue you had, as your stream wouldn't have been recorded if it never properly cued live. Please let us know if you're still having these issues.

Best,
Jason
Old 27th September 2011, 22:23

That did indeed seem to be the issue, as a test stream I just did worked perfectly. Thanks again Jason.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:23

Exclamation My Streams Wont Save

I have the setting to record all my streams, so when I finish streaming it asks me to name my recording and hit save.. so i do it But, it doesnt show up in my library I cant find it at all... What do I do to get my recordings in the library
Old 20th October 2011, 13:42

Default my stream wont save

i seem tto have a problem...after my live show last night ...had special guest performances and all ...after the show named it and clicked save....this mornin im comin to view the recordin and i cant find it....have saved many shows and reviewed them b4 n the most important one i cant seem to find it(last night) ... is there any way that i can find it or u guys can recover it for me plz......jason can u help me out plzzzzz
Old 20th October 2011, 14:18
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnyb View Post
i seem tto have a problem...after my live show last night ...had special guest performances and all ...after the show named it and clicked save....this mornin im comin to view the recordin and i cant find it....have saved many shows and reviewed them b4 n the most important one i cant seem to find it(last night) ... is there any way that i can find it or u guys can recover it for me plz......jason can u help me out plzzzzz
If you're using Procaster 20.2.0 or above, a copy of your streams would save locally on your hard drive by default. Unless you've disabled this option, you should be able to find this content in your Videos folder [Windows] or your Movies folder [Mac OS]. If so, you can
upload this content to your Livestream channel. This link will explain how to upload:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...wn_Video_Clips

I've replied you your support ticket - please refer to this ticket for further correspondence about this.

Best,
Jason

Tags
error, failed, library, recording, save, saving my video, stream, transcoding, upload errors problems