Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Windows

Old 16th September 2011, 11:51

Default Question regarding RAM memory/Processor and Livestream quality (Procaster)

Hey there. I have a little question I wanted to make about using Procaster and streaming with a good quality...

I recently made a channel, and wanted to Livestream myself playing a game on my laptop. It's not the beeest system ever, but I thought it was good enough to run everything. However, when I tried, the stream quality was horrible and extremely laggy and made my computer get completely slow; Eventually Procaster would accuse over 80% CPU use and crash. And I wasn't even starting the game! I imagined it was a memory problem, not internet connection related, and I admit I was a little stupid for not searching before what system requirements I should have to record anything with quality... Lol Then I found out what the problem was, I don't have enough resources to run Procaster smoothly.

These are my specs:
Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
1GB RAM
Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 2600+ (1603 MHz)

I saw that you require a minimum of 2GB RAM memory and a Core 2 Duo 2Ghz processor for Procaster. What I have is not enough, so obviously I couldn't make a good stream. Now here's the question I wanted to ask: I have already researched on the internet what higher specifications my laptop can handle, but I'm a little unsure about something. IF I upgrade my RAM memory to either 2GB or 4GB, but didn't changed my processor, would I still have enough resources to Livestream well? I think my laptop can have up to 8GB of RAM, but I don't know if a Core 2 Duo would be compatible to it, and if I would be able to change it.

I'm sure my biggest problem is the memory, because my stream lagged horribly and made the computer slow with nothing but my Antivirus program on the processes/open. The game itself is not very heavy, as it's kinda old, and I can run it just fine with my current system. Procaster is what demands more of my computer, apparently.
Old 16th September 2011, 12:46
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa_Love_Anime View Post
These are my specs:
Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
1GB RAM
Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 2600+ (1603 MHz)
IF I upgrade my RAM memory to either 2GB or 4GB, but didn't changed my processor, would I still have enough resources to Livestream well?
If you have an underpowered processor, you will likely still experience problems with streaming. You may want to use Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder to stream, as your system meets the program's minimum system requirements:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashm...er/systemreqs/

This link in our userguide will help you get started with FMLE:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...ith_Livestream

Best,
Jason

Last edited by jasonlive; 16th September 2011 at 12:50.
Old 17th September 2011, 11:44

Oh, okay. I didn't know I could use that program with Livestream! I'm gonna study it a little more, then I can try it.

Thank you very much for the attention, info and links.

Tags
game, lag, livestream, procaster, quality