Old 15th March 2009, 09:40

Default Camera questions (I Need some Help here!)

Hello, from Greece
I have decided to broadcast live web cam throught your mogulus studio! I think its the better solution for me.
Now its time to buy a camera...
1) is there any problem if the camera is wirelles? (not ip camera)
2) I want to have good video quality, so what camera shall i take?
3) can i use for LIVE BROADCASTING, security camera like this one? http://www.kguardsecurity.com/en/CS-365X.asp those camera have only video output!
OR THIS ONE http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/WVC54GCA, with connection via ethernet
4) or to buy a camera with usb connector like this one? http://www.trust.com/products/produc...spx?item=15829

please a little help here... (and sorry about my language)
Old 15th March 2009, 21:02

Option 3
USB, Preferably USB2 and 2 meha pixle like the one you linked to. I've uses Microsoft, Logitec and Creative USB cameras and they all worked.

I don't think you can use any Ethernet cameras. but it might be possible.

I also have used a fire-wire equipped Sony cam corder. The problem is, most cam corders shut down after about 5 minutes unless they are recording to a tape. Then, of course, they shut down when the tape runs out.

You can use a camera with an RCA or s-video output. IF your computer has a video capture card like an ATI ALL-IN-WONDER and the right video drivers. I have used a color Elmo camera fed into an all in wonder via s-video and it worked great.
For wireless, about the only solution I've found is to insert a wireless video link between an RCA video out on a camera and the RCA video input of a video capture card.

B0B
Old 16th March 2009, 18:12

I use both a Sony HandyCam and a JVC GR-DA30U, both FireWire-capable cameras. If you don't want them to shut off, then you just drop down into the configurations and disable the auto-shutoff feature. The quality on them is very good for this sort of application.
Old 18th March 2009, 11:00

I use a Canon GL 2, go directly in to my laptop via firewire and run it through the Flash Media Encoder. I dont even have to be recording to tape in order for it to run. You do want to disable the powersaver on your camera, so it wont shut off after inactivity. I find the Flash Encoder to work best

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamnet View Post
I use both a Sony HandyCam and a JVC GR-DA30U, both FireWire-capable cameras. If you don't want them to shut off, then you just drop down into the configurations and disable the auto-shutoff feature. The quality on them is very good for this sort of application.