Old 19th August 2011, 16:36

Question Best Practices for multiple presenters

Good afternoon,
We have used other services for webinars before but this will be our first time with Livestream. We are switching to Livestream because our previous system could not run videos.

We would have one internal presenter and 3 external presenters. We will also have one person moderating the chat queue to list out questions for the presenters. The general format is that our internal presenter would welcome our guests and then we would run the two recorded videos. We would then switch over to our 3 external presenters. One has a powerpoint presentation. It would be nice to have them run the Procaster suite but I think we're going to run the slides from our side.

As the producer, I was wondering what are the best practices for the following
- Do we have the external presenters log into our account or do they need to have their own? If so, how do we connect them to our account?
- Are there best practices of how to cue up the cameras of our guest speakers?
- Are there methods of getting contact information from our viewers? With our previous webinars, the viewers had to log into a website with their names, email and a code that we provided to them a few days before.
- So viewers might have problems logging in because this does involve the military. Nothing is classified or anything like that, but perhaps half of our viewers would be trying to access the webinar from military owned computers and they most likely might not have permissions to download anything, like a flash update. Has anyone worked with livestream in situations such as this?

I am still reading through the user guides and playing around with the system, so it is very possible that I've missed things while reading through everything.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice,
Brian
Old 23rd August 2011, 16:50
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilitaryPathways View Post
Do we have the external presenters log into our account or do they need to have their own? If so, how do we connect them to our account?
You can do either, although we recommend adding members to your production team. Here is a link explaining the process:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...t_up_your_team

Quote:
Are there best practices of how to cue up the cameras of our guest speakers?
Here is a link to a short video tutorial:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...m_or_DV_Camera

Quote:
Are there methods of getting contact information from our viewers? With our previous webinars, the viewers had to log into a website with their names, email and a code that we provided to them a few days before.
As a Premium user, you would have the ability to require that viewers enter an email address when viewing your channel. Beyond that, you'd have to embed the Livestream player and implement something on your or your organization's website.

Quote:
So viewers might have problems logging in because this does involve the military. Nothing is classified or anything like that, but perhaps half of our viewers would be trying to access the webinar from military owned computers and they most likely might not have permissions to download anything, like a flash update. Has anyone worked with livestream in situations such as this?
This is very subjective and dependent on your viewers' local and network security settings. Adobe Flash is required to view Livestream on a personal computer - the latest version is recommended but not required. Livestream is viewable on mobile devices without Adobe Flash. If you have any more specific questions we're happy to answer them.

Please also feel free to reach out to our Premium Sales team at 1 (877) 977-8732.

Best,
Jason

Last edited by jasonlive; 23rd August 2011 at 16:53.
Old 24th August 2011, 09:31

Smile Thanks :)

Dear Jason,
Thank you for the links and information. I was sure that everything I was asking was old hat.

Sincerely,
Brian