Old 18th August 2011, 13:41
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by opencourt View Post
Bug seems to remain. When livestreaming in Procaster 20.2 running OSX 10.6.8, we seem to consistently lose signal if an audio channel is removed via the audio mixer button on the bottom-bar Procaster pane.

Our current setup is connecting a MacBook Pro to an external camera via FireWire and we sometimes need to remove the internal microphone from the mix, because Procaster grabs both audio channels by default.
Thanks for offering the additional information. We were able to replicate the issue you experienced. While we investigate and resolve the issue, I would recommend Muting or lowering the levels on the internal microphone instead of deleting the audio source.
Old 19th August 2011, 21:57

I, too, get Procaster crashes on my macbook pro (core i5, 4GB ram) using v20.2 streaming at 600kbps off a DV cam through the ADVC 110. I currently have ticket open for it but I've been told to just reinstall it. I've had two live sessions I needed to stream and Procaster has crashed 4 times (no bandwidth issues or cpu overloads). A report window opens to send a report after the crash and I've sent at least one. If there are other ways I can help or info to provide, I'd be happy to.

Matt
Old 21st August 2011, 21:58

Default iMac Procaster CPU?

Whenever I stream it keeps kicking me off saying I am using 80% CPU and I have every application off except Procaster. I recently upgraded to Lion Too. Any thoughts?

Imac 24-inch Mid 2007
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 (11B26)

Trent Lewis
Old 21st August 2011, 22:55

Also Streamed on normal, Custom and Mobile, streaming through a Canon XL 2.
Old 22nd August 2011, 09:32

Trent:

Just one user to another, I know that when I used Procaster on my core 2 duo mac, I got the "80%" warning often, even with no other apps running. A dual core machine has less to work with and is straining quit hard to stream a decent quality video. IMO, a core i5 with multi-threading is the minimum requirement in order to stream more comfortably. Quad core even better.

Matt
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:31
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by telallproductions View Post
Whenever I stream it keeps kicking me off saying I am using 80% CPU and I have every application off except Procaster. I recently upgraded to Lion Too. Any thoughts?

Imac 24-inch Mid 2007
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 (11B26)

Trent Lewis
Trent,

Your processor is on the lower end of Procaster's recommended system specs. You can find Procaster's minimum and optimum requirements here:
http://www.livestream.com/userguide/...m_Requirements

If you disable the local recording in Procaster's preferences (desktop tab), this should free up some CPU resources.

Best,
Jason
Old 27th August 2011, 03:09

I too am getting frequent crashes - 14 in four hours since installing the "new and improved" version this morning. By watching the memory monitor on OSX 10.7, I can see that the Procaster process is leaking memory at the rate of about 3MB/s - so that the process starts using around 280Mb and then crashes having reached nearly 3Gb. MBP 2011, QuadCore i7, 8Gb memory. Only started after installing the new version this morning. Have reinstalled and rebooted - three times. This software is broken.
Old 28th August 2011, 15:15

Getting the 80% CPU usage error like others have posted since I updated to 20.2.0. Streaming from a 2.66 Intel Core 2 Duo iMac with 8gb RAM. New version of Procaster takes up 120% of my CPU with all other apps closed and only streaming at mobile quality. Procaster crashes after struggling to stream for 30 minutes. Previous versions of Procaster stream flawlessly.
Old 30th August 2011, 16:04

Default Brand New Mac Mini & ProCaster

We are seeing troubles from the ProCaster software dropping off between 45 minutes and 1 hour of recording time, and this is consistent at two different sites. We never get a warning, it just dies. We haven't installed the latest version, but it sounds like this is continuing. Do you want more logs? I can have them sent.
Old 2nd September 2011, 16:05

I would be awesome to get AJA Kona Series and Blackmagic MultibridgeII certified.