Old 8th August 2011, 13:36

Default Tricaster XD300 to Procaster Settings

I am trying to pass through the TriCaster and broadcast using Procaster, but I cannot get a picture in Procaster. I know it is the resolution settings between the two because when I hook the camera directly to Procaster (via component, Black Magic Studio) I get a picture. What are the correct settings (1080i, 1080p, framerate, etc.) on the TriCaster and in Procaster to be able to get a picture from the Tricaster XD300? Thanks.
Old 8th August 2011, 16:01
Livestream Producer Support

elcavideo,

You probably just need to configure the settings differently in Procaster for the different input settings, you wouldn't need to be a one specific resolution/rate.

Matt
Old 9th August 2011, 10:46

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

But has anyone used the TriCaster XD300 as a switcher, but used Procaster to encode and stream? I would really love to hear what your settings were. Thanks.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcavideo View Post
Thanks, I'll keep trying.

But has anyone used the TriCaster XD300 as a switcher, but used Procaster to encode and stream? I would really love to hear what your settings were. Thanks.
Our production crew uses this workflow. We go out of the Tricaster XD300 using HD-SDI into a desktop computer with a Black Magic Decklink Studio card installed. The High, Medium, and Mobile presets in Procaster are ideal but you can use the Custom preset, stream at around 600kbps video, 96kbps audio and set your output resolution to a relatively large size (1280 x 720 for 720p).
Old 10th August 2011, 13:28

Thanks Henry! I will give those a try. When you create a new project in TriCaster, what size do you choose? Also what settings on the dropdown in Video Settings in Procaster do you use? I'm getting the connection in Procaster but not seeing a picture in Procaster. Thanks. I feel like I'm really close!
Old 10th August 2011, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcavideo View Post
Thanks Henry! I will give those a try. When you create a new project in TriCaster, what size do you choose? Also what settings on the dropdown in Video Settings in Procaster do you use? I'm getting the connection in Procaster but not seeing a picture in Procaster. Thanks. I feel like I'm really close!
elcavideo,

If you are using a Black Magic Studio, you need to ensure that you select the correct Input Source by entering the Black Magic Wizard within Procaster. You can find this by clicking on the "Input Source" button next to the video drop-down (see image).

Old 11th September 2011, 16:25

Default TriCaster XD300 w/ Black Magic SDI

Hi there,
We are getting ready to use this workflow on an event on Wednesday. I will not be able to hook up the TriCaster until Monday but want to be as prepared as possible. Here's my questions:

-Are there any settings differences between the Black Magic SDI and the Black Magic Studio?

-I assume the best way to run audio is to run it into the Tricaster as well and merge it with the camera feed?

- When I have hooked up an HD camera via the Black Magic card I never got any audio out of it when testing. Albeit, I never messed around with the audio settings all too much but in the "Input Source" tab I never really had the option to mess with the audio. Everything already seems pre-selected.

Let me know if there is any definite setting you guys have worked with when using the Tricaster XD300 and the BlackMagic SDI. Thanks!
Old 12th September 2011, 19:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by caviarcontent View Post
Hi there,
We are getting ready to use this workflow on an event on Wednesday. I will not be able to hook up the TriCaster until Monday but want to be as prepared as possible. Here's my questions:

-Are there any settings differences between the Black Magic SDI and the Black Magic Studio?
There are no setting differences between the two models.

Quote:
-I assume the best way to run audio is to run it into the Tricaster as well and merge it with the camera feed?
You are correct. The best way to do this is to marry the audio/video in the Tricaster.

Quote:
- When I have hooked up an HD camera via the Black Magic card I never got any audio out of it when testing. Albeit, I never messed around with the audio settings all too much but in the "Input Source" tab I never really had the option to mess with the audio. Everything already seems pre-selected.
The Audio and Video settings are not automatic when using the Black Magic device. You will need to select the correct input and format within the "Input Source" section.

Quote:
Let me know if there is any definite setting you guys have worked with when using the Tricaster XD300 and the BlackMagic SDI. Thanks!
As long as your "Input Source" setting match the format you are outputting from the Tricaster, it should work properly.

Tags
h-d, procaster, settings, tricaster