Old 30th July 2011, 14:47

Default Live stream won't load

I've really enjoyed the simplicity of livestream, as well as the familiarity most of the people I watch and stream with have with the procaster software, however starting a few weeks ago livestream would not load for me. It just keeps loading without showing the video. At first I thought it was something on your end since several people were affected at the same time, so I switched to other services in an attempt to wait it out. Since then the problem resolved itself for a lot of my friends, and I have been able to load the stream on my android phone.

First I tried to disable adblock, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I have a small list of servers blocked from the hosts file on all my machines, but its mostly to stop tracking software, 3rd party cookies, and various malicious stuff rather than ad servers.

Could you provide me with a list of addresses for anything that is required to play livestream, especially anything changed within the past month. That way I can check it against my hosts file and adblock list.

Also is there any other problem that I may have overlooked that could be causing this?
Old 30th July 2011, 14:55
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix56 View Post
I've really enjoyed the simplicity of livestream, as well as the familiarity most of the people I watch and stream with have with the procaster software, however starting a few weeks ago livestream would not load for me. It just keeps loading without showing the video. At first I thought it was something on your end since several people were affected at the same time, so I switched to other services in an attempt to wait it out. Since then the problem resolved itself for a lot of my friends, and I have been able to load the stream on my android phone.

First I tried to disable adblock, but it didn't seem to make any difference. I have a small list of servers blocked from the hosts file on all my machines, but its mostly to stop tracking software, 3rd party cookies, and various malicious stuff rather than ad servers.

Could you provide me with a list of addresses for anything that is required to play livestream, especially anything changed within the past month. That way I can check it against my hosts file and adblock list.

Also is there any other problem that I may have overlooked that could be causing this?
Are you able to play streams if you remove AdBlock?

Best,
Jason
Old 30th July 2011, 15:08

I hadn't tried removing it completely up until now, only disabling it on the site.

Just tried removing it entirely, but it didn't seem to change anything.

On second thought I've previously tried it on chrome where I never had adblock installed and got the same results.

Last edited by meowmix56; 30th July 2011 at 16:11.
Old 30th July 2011, 18:41
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix56 View Post
I hadn't tried removing it completely up until now, only disabling it on the site.

Just tried removing it entirely, but it didn't seem to change anything.

On second thought I've previously tried it on chrome where I never had adblock installed and got the same results.
meowmix56,

Please follow the instructions outlined here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaron View Post
If anyone is still experiencing issues and is willing to help us troubleshoot this further by having one of our engineers remote into their system, via Teamviewer or LogMeIn could they please open a ticket here and provide the following info:

https://secure.livestream.com/myacco...ter/openticket

-An outline of the issue and reference to this thread
-Where you're located
-What ISP you're using
-Exact Flash version
-Browser(s)
-Please provide some actual links of channels you've tried to visit that do not work. This is important in order for us to investigate this properly.

Please also confirm whether you have Ad-block or a similar software installed on your browser. If so, you'll need to either uninstall or disable it to watch Livestream.

Best time(s) to remote into your system
Contact info, preferably Skype username
Thanks & best,
Jason