Old 24th July 2011, 04:20

Default Not recording anything but camera

I just installed Procaster on my parents' Mac, which just had OS X installed onto it. I hadn't tried Procaster before the OS switch, so I don't know whether or not the problem is new.

It can't reach the FPS needed to broadcast (for some reason. The computer is well taken care of, has plenty of memory, and has never had issues like this before), and even if it could, it only allows recording from the camera, not the screen.

I'm aware of the screen, 2D, and 3D buttons, but when I try to switch from the default Camera mode, the display on the bottom left turns black and after about thirty seconds, it kicks me out of broadcasting entirely. I tried turning the quality down to Mobile, but the issue persisted.

Now, switching the display back to Camera does absolutely nothing, and no matter what I do, I get kicked out of streaming with an error that reads "Recording Desktop Error" after less than a minute.
Old 24th July 2011, 15:44
Livestream Producer Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleauxbreaux View Post
I just installed Procaster on my parents' Mac, which just had OS X installed onto it. I hadn't tried Procaster before the OS switch, so I don't know whether or not the problem is new.

It can't reach the FPS needed to broadcast (for some reason. The computer is well taken care of, has plenty of memory, and has never had issues like this before), and even if it could, it only allows recording from the camera, not the screen.

I'm aware of the screen, 2D, and 3D buttons, but when I try to switch from the default Camera mode, the display on the bottom left turns black and after about thirty seconds, it kicks me out of broadcasting entirely. I tried turning the quality down to Mobile, but the issue persisted.

Now, switching the display back to Camera does absolutely nothing, and no matter what I do, I get kicked out of streaming with an error that reads "Recording Desktop Error" after less than a minute.
Hello,

Please post the following information so we can better troubleshoot your issue:

-Computer Processor
-RAM
-Operating System and version
-Procaster settings (screenshots if possible)
-Internet Connection (visit www.speedtest.net and send me the results of a test)
-Wired or WiFi?
Old 25th July 2011, 05:39

I'm running a Mac OS X. I know nothing about it, so I have no idea how to find out the processor or RAM, but it's a standard iMac desktop, if that helps.

It's a wired connection, and the test states:

Download: 14.94Mbps
Upload: 12.64Mbps

And images.
http://i.imgur.com/RTYdG.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Y8T3b.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KNosk.jpg
Old 25th July 2011, 13:41
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleauxbreaux View Post
I'm running a Mac OS X. I know nothing about it, so I have no idea how to find out the processor or RAM
Please click the Apple icon in the top left of your computer, select "About This Mac", and provide a screenshot.

Please also note that if you're using OS 10.7 (Lion), screen capturing with Procaster is not possible at this time.

Best,
Jason