Old 28th June 2011, 14:56

Default Voice not synced with video using integrated mic

Hello, I'm not exactly sure if this is the correct forum for this, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I stream XBox 360 gameplay using a HAVA Platinum PVR and the Livestream Procaster. I open the recording window for my HAVA and simply use the desktop recorder of the Procaster to stream that. However, since this is coming through my PVR, this footage is about 3 to 4 seconds behind. This would not be a problem except that I commentate during my streams with my friends. Since the voices of my friends come through the TV, they are also coming through the HAVA, and lined up with the video. My voice does not, however, so I use my laptop's integrated mic on a separate sound channel.
Since there is no delay on the microphone in my laptop, my voice is 3 to 4 seconds ahead of the video on the stream. This is a big enough delay that it can make the stream very hard to understand, and I am also talking about things the viewers haven't seen yet. As far as I know there is no way to add a manual delay through either my integrated mic or through Livestream's software. Does anyone know how I could do this?
Old 28th June 2011, 16:50
Livestream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiiddish View Post
Hello, I'm not exactly sure if this is the correct forum for this, so I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.
I stream XBox 360 gameplay using a HAVA Platinum PVR and the Livestream Procaster. I open the recording window for my HAVA and simply use the desktop recorder of the Procaster to stream that. However, since this is coming through my PVR, this footage is about 3 to 4 seconds behind. This would not be a problem except that I commentate during my streams with my friends. Since the voices of my friends come through the TV, they are also coming through the HAVA, and lined up with the video. My voice does not, however, so I use my laptop's integrated mic on a separate sound channel.
Since there is no delay on the microphone in my laptop, my voice is 3 to 4 seconds ahead of the video on the stream. This is a big enough delay that it can make the stream very hard to understand, and I am also talking about things the viewers haven't seen yet. As far as I know there is no way to add a manual delay through either my integrated mic or through Livestream's software. Does anyone know how I could do this?
Squiddish,

This is almost definitely happening because your audio and video are coming from two different sources. If you're able to marry your microphone's audio with your video source within your capture device, before it connects to your PC, this will likely solve the problem.

Best,
Jason
Old 29th June 2011, 22:38

I am not sure if the HAVA software has anything to support that, unfortunately. At least, I can't find anything that would allow me to do that. Is there any other way around this issue? I can't see why there isn't just an option to add a manual delay to a sound source :/

Tags
delay, delay speech, manual, mic, microphone