Old 28th June 2011, 11:10

Default [GUIDE] Stream PC games with Black Magic Intensity Pro

*BMIP stands for Black Magic Intensity Pro

*NOTICE THAT YOU CAN STREAM GAMES IN TRUE FULLSCREEN MODE WITH THE BMIP. BUT: The game has to support 1920x1080 @ 50 HZ*

Hi there,

i put alot of energy into getting the knowledge so i figured i do a guide about it.

At last, everything works. I stream my PC games on 1080i settings with FME so my Desktop and games can have a resolution of 1920x1080. The BMIP only supports 720p recording but you will be still able to use the max resolution on your monitor.

This is what i will cover:

1. Setting up the BMIP on your PC
2. BMIP Software
3. FME settings for the stream and usage of VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLE for sound mixing.

My PC Specs:

Windows 7 64 Bit Prof.
Core i7 860@2,9GHz
4096 MB 1300 RAM
Radeon HD 6870

1. Setting up the BMIP on your PC

This is the easyest part. Just plug an HDMI cable in the far left VIDEO IN of your BMIP and the other end into the HMDI VIDEO OUT of your graphicscard. Now duplicate the screen to your BMD HDMI "Monitor" in your graphicscard settings.

2. BMIP Software

Go to the BMIP support site and download the latest driver pack. Inside the ZIP file you will find Desktop Media and Media express. Install these two.

Here are my settings for Desktop Media and Media Express:

*NOTE THAT YOU CANT OPEN MEDIA EXPRESS AND FME AT THE SAME TIME IT WILL BRING AN ERROR*

Open up your Black Magic Design Control Panel (Which is Desktop Media) and use the Settings from the Picture. (Output HDMI&Component Input HDMI Video&HDMI Audio)

Open Media Express and go to Edit>Preferences. Set Project Video Format to HD 1080i 50 and the Capture File Format to AVI 8-bit YUV.

If your screen resolution is 1920x1080, you should see your desktop recorded when you click in CAPTURE in the Media Express.

3. FME settings for the stream and usage of VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLE for sound mixing.

Download Adobe Flash Media Encoder 3.2 i use these settings:

You will notice the decive for BMIP is Direct video capture. Your settings here have to be exactly the same as in your BMIP setup.

Go to the Device settings and set the Video Format to HD 1080i 50 - 8 bit 4:2:2 YUV

Input and Output size is 1920x1080

Set your bit rate depending on your upstream. (I have 5 MB down 1 MB up)

3.1 VIRTUAL AUDIO CABLE

Its a handy program when your onboard or other soundcard cannot mix sound corectly. I ran into this problem with my Creative SB X-Fi. It cannot use "What you hear" and the Microphone at the same time so i just activated my onboard sound card as well wich is now used only for the Mic.

Open up your VAC Control Panel and use the settings in the picture, we need 2 lines here. If you run into errors that say this device cannot be used at the time just deactivate the sound media in your windows sound settings, start, and activate them afterwards.

Now open up 3 Soundmixers and use these settings:

http://i.imgur.com/04BEg.jpg

Microphone in LINE 1
What you Hear in LINE 2
LINE 1 in LINE 2

You want to select LINE 2 as Audio Device in your FME. ALL sound is recoded including your own Microphone, with no backlash or Quality issues. You have to play with your sound settings in Windows and Games to get the best results. Be sure that your Mic is ALWAYS at 100% or it will be to quiet. Maybe look for a DB booster. (Some Soundcards have this feature)

So congratulations. You now can play all games in full resolution max settings with NO lag and stream that **** in 720p with all Audio input.

Have fun.