Old 25th February 2009, 15:29

Default How do I hide the Menu in embedded mode?

I have disabled several player features and I'd like to disable the Menu button as well. How do I do that? I currently have a Free account. Do I need to upgrade? I just want to simplify the UI in this one small way. Per the attached screenshot, the Menu button currently doesn't do anything: it just links to Turn Off Player which is totally redundant because that is available from the main player window.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 1.png (19.2 KB, 25 views)
Old 25th February 2009, 15:42

In the Widget, go to "Layout Style" and set it to Default.

If you mean the menu when you click "on-demand" then you would just click the screen once.
Old 25th February 2009, 17:08

Default Re: Default Layout Style

> In the Widget, go to "Layout Style" and set it to Default.

It is already set to Default. Keep in mind, I'm trying to remove the Menu button. I want the gray box labeled "MENU" in the lower-right corner to disappear completely from the visitor experience.

> If you mean the menu when you click "on-demand" then you would just click the screen once.

No, notice from the screenshot that I disabled "on-demand." What I want is to permanently hide the lower-right button - the one labeled "MENU" - in my embedded player.

And why would I want to do that? Well because in a bare bones config like mine the menu hasn't got anything in it. (Except "Turn Off Player" which is totally redundant as the main window already has a power button in the lower-left corner.) So you see I have no need for the menu button. It just complicates the UI without helping the visitor.

So is there any way to do that? Is there maybe a .swf I can hack? What if I upgrade to Pro - will that help me?

Pardon my ignorance, I am new here. I searched the docs and forum but did not find a relevant thread. If this is discussed elsewhere please link me in the right direction. Thanks TrunkzJr for your reply.

Last edited by videothink; 25th February 2009 at 19:41.
Old 24th April 2009, 07:04

I have the same problem. But in my case I just want to remove the ondemand button, if its possible to remove the MENU button it will be awesome.

I tried to remove the ondemand button in the embed code setting the paramenter

onDemandEnabled=false

but it has no effect.

Any sugestions ?

Thanks...

PS.: I have a PRO Channel

Tags
menu embedded ui player