Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Windows

Old 30th June 2011, 13:32

@Solifuge

I don't have these problems from my video captures of gameplay footage, are you using Desktop mode to capture game or Game mode itself. Though I will have to say my recording footage I use VHCapture for video camera mode so it does the video recording of desktop. That maybe why my recordings don't have that lag time. What games are you recording and what mode like I asked earlier? I have yet to have video and audio desync in my footage except for it doing a bit of crackling or slight distortion.

My Channel: www.livestream.com/holydeath3000

I have recordings between 30 mins to over 2 hrs each. I also do slight customization on my settings too when use normal quality or such.
Old 30th June 2011, 13:33

So what am I to do in the mean time?
Old 30th June 2011, 14:15
Livestream Procaster Support

@emwilson You can temporarily download an older version from here: http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...r-20-0-151.exe

And check the forum when a new version is available.
Old 30th June 2011, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solifuge View Post
System: PC, Windows 7, AMD 3.1Ghz 3 Core, 4Gb ram.
Method: Using Desktop Screen Capture to stream a Game, via Procaster 20.2
Quality: Multiple qualities (Medium+Mobile and Normal)

As of the 20.2 update, running a stream on any quality creates video lag over time; at the end of an hour of streaming, the microphone volume was about 20 seconds ahead of the video. The problem persisted over multiple videos; at its most extreme, the video/audio lag was a bit shy of 2 minutes, after 21 minutes of streamed gameplay.

In the past, I've never had issues with video/audio desynchronization, even for videos up to 3 hours long. Reviewing the video, it appears that audio cut out for several seconds, while the video feed continued. Audio resumes after the silence where it left off, now several seconds behind the video.

I've rolled back to the prior version for the time being, and my problem has dissapeared. I hope this can be addressed! If you need more information from me, do let me know, and thanks for your hard work; using Livestream Procaster has been a great joy, and I appreciate the hard work that has been put into making this quality product.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
@Solifuge Could you disable the anti lag feature in settings (it's on the Livestream tab) and see if it still happens then?
I Disabled Anti-Lag in the settings, and I still got the same problem. I also tried it with a different game, in the event that the game was the source (though audio on my end isn't out of synch) and the same happened.

If you need more info from my system, or have more things for me to attempt, I can try them, but I'm rolling back to the previous version for now.
Old 30th June 2011, 15:09

@Solifuge

Could you do the following:
1) Start dxdiag (start --> type dxdiag)
1a) If it asks if it should check for Signed Drivers, it doesn't matter what you answer.
2) Click "Save all information" in the bottom
3) At "Save as type" choose "XML File (*.xml)"
4) Give it the following name dxdiag_solifuge
5) Click save
6) After it saved all information, send this file to procaster@livestream.com
Old 30th June 2011, 15:35

DxDiag.xml sent by email. Thanks for the assistance.
Old 3rd July 2011, 11:54

I downloaded the old version of procaster using the link that you replied to me with. My video and audio devices are recognized by the system but I still do not have video. Please advise.
Old 3rd July 2011, 12:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by emwilson View Post
I downloaded the old version of procaster using the link that you replied to me with. My video and audio devices are recognized by the system but I still do not have video. Please advise.
After selecting your capture device, go into the settings, click the video tab, then click on settings, and click on the right video format, you can check if you have the correct one when you click cropping after applying one of the settings.
Old 5th July 2011, 23:05

Default why 2 is small

the windows in 2d mode is smaller than it used to be on previous version...its like logo size...please bring this back...also bring back the preview window along with the mini preview on the horizontal bar...turns out that you can only have one a time.
Old 6th July 2011, 06:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecsor View Post
the windows in 2d mode is smaller than it used to be on previous version...its like logo size...please bring this back...also bring back the preview window along with the mini preview on the horizontal bar...turns out that you can only have one a time.
When you left click the small preview in the horizontal bar, it will pop out, left clicking it, will make it small again. Right clicking the popped out preview will make it full screen.