Go Back   Livestream Forum > Support > Procaster Windows

Old 18th June 2011, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
@Bassliebe what kind of device do you use where the audio drifts apart, we have tested with several devices and it stayed in sync.
The image comes from webcams and the audio from an input of a usb-soundcard.
I use two webcams. One is used by procaster directly (camera button) the other by webcam companion 3 just to project the image on the computer monitor so that procaster can capture it via the screen-button-function. This way I can switch between to sets/cameras.
When i merge these two images together (2d mix function) the image from the webcompanion webcam stays in sync with the sound of the audiocard from the beginning. The Procaster camera image drifts away bigtime in the first 5 minutes. (all watched on the stream not on the preview window) After a while they all sync up.
So the issue doesn´t seem to be the soundsource differing from the image source, but the procaster camera not beeing fed into the stream at a constant speed...?
I think I should stream an example video that makes it a bit more transparent.. :-) hard for me to explain..

kind regards

...and here it its... http://livestre.am/PndI
after watching the first 2 minutes you can skip ahead to 4minutes
(one correction: I said, "the procaster video is behind" when in reality it was ahead:-)

PS:
Both webcams are: Logitech WebcamC300

and if you really consider manual offset adjustment in both directions, could you please do it for every audio channel in the mixer seperate? I know I can be annoying :-)

Last edited by Bassliebe; 18th June 2011 at 19:23.
Old 18th June 2011, 19:40
Livestream Procaster Support

@japanaman2 could you send in your logs to procaster@livestream.com so that we can see why it isn't working for you (settings --> video --> save logs)

@Bassliebe Thanks for the video, we will set up a similar setup somewhere next week, so we can see where it drifts, after these, does it stay in sync after it gets back in sync, or does it go out of sync after a while again?
Old 19th June 2011, 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldH View Post
We can look into these games again, but there is no promise on any level that these games will have added support, we will see what we can do, but no promises.
Like I have mentioned before, I can record/broadcast in desktop mode so its not that huge of a deal and I know it is difficult for stuff like this. I would understand if it doesn't happen and would not upset me at all.
Old 19th June 2011, 09:35

Default New Version Doesn't Recognize my Capture Card

I have an Osprey 700e HD. The new version of Procaster Does not recognize it. I had re revert to the older version. Could you please add support for that card?
Old 19th June 2011, 10:36

Default New version wont recognize my capture device

I own a "sabrent usb 2.0 tv tuner & video capture" device. Damn cheap but use to work fine to broadcast church services until this update, procaster wont list it in the input devices anymore. Reading trough the forum im finding than some capture cards have stop working with this new version.

This mean i havent been able to try this new version, but im glad to read in the fixed bugs list than the bitrate have been improved, because the las version use to start streaming at good speed (30fps) just for 3 or 5 seconds, and then it fall to 19-18 fps most of the time, but from time to time, the fps start dropping until it reach 3-1 fps and then the signal is lost.

So i hope thats fixed in this version.

Wish list:

*Support to the previous supported capture devices.

Thanks.
Old 20th June 2011, 09:19

Default PixelView PlayTV MPEG2

The new update does not recognize my video capture card M4900 PixelView PlayTV MPEG2, when I install the old version asks to update when I update my board does not recognize
Old 20th June 2011, 14:37

Talking

Just to let you guys know, Fable III is supported and works with game mode in Procaster 20.2 so you can add that to your list of supported games. I decided to try out the game mode for that game since it does not work for Duke Nukem Forever and it worked flawlessly. Here is a sample of the clip test to show it works in livestreaming. Very good quality I must add with no lag.

http://livestre.am/Pzdy
Old 21st June 2011, 11:21

Could the people that have problems with the webcam in this version send us an email with their log files.

For the people that can get into procaster do the following
-Go into the settings
-Go to the video tab
-Press the save logs button
-Send the log files, stored on the desktop to procaster@livestream.com report your camera model and say that procaster doesn't crash, but won't recognise the camera.

For the people what can't get into procaster do the following (for Windows Vista and Windows 7)
-Make procaster crash once
-press the windows key and R at the same time
-Type "%localappdata%\Procaster"
-press ok
-Send the qt.log and systeminfo.log file to procaster@livestream.com report your camera model and say that procaster does crash

Thanks in advance
Old 21st June 2011, 17:26

We are sorry that you experienced any bugs released in the final version, it is impossible for us to have all possible combinations of hardware available on the market. This causes some bugs that some of you are experiencing, but thanks to you submitting the bugs and making the reports, we have fixed the following bugs:
Changelist v20.2.1
-Bug Fix: Side by Side error when starting
-Bug Fix: Combobox Style in Device Configuration Window
-Bug Fix: Sometimes the BlackMagic selection didn't get applied until finished was pressed
-Bug Fix: When the video card or driver doesn't support OpenGL, it will no longer crash
-Bug Fix: Bug with some DirectX 10 cards crashing
-Bug Fix: Filter bug
-Bug Fix: Crash on stopping when recording to local hard drive
-Bug Fix: Crash on start with some devices
-Bug Fix: When you have 2 the same Black Magic cards inserted in your computer, that it crashes sometimes.
-Bug Fix: Possibly fixed the webcam issue with startup
-Bug Fix: Recording gets corrupt and is not being able to play back.
-Bug Fix: Games can now be minimized for longer times with no problems

We won't support GTA: Las Vegas anymore, since it's an DirectX 8 game, we no longer support games lower than DirectX 9.0.

There are still some bugs in the queue and we might ask for more information from you when you still have problems with it.
Again, sorry if you had any troubles with the 20.2.0 version.

You can download the new beta from http://cdn.livestream.com/mds/Livest...ter-20.2.1.exe
Old 22nd June 2011, 20:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by foray View Post
id like to see the return of usernames to live stream titles to be available in studio and through getCurrentContentTitle()
This. Whether it's through .getCurrentContentTitle() or a new function, being able to retrieve usernames for live streams is the #1 thing I'd like to see in the next release. Streamers in our community have been using v20.0.95 for a long time to maintain this functionality. It would be great to be able to update.